Flexbox styles in css editor

Hi all. I study pinegrow and found the built-in editor flexbox. Is there a flexbox or have to manually code enter flebox styles. Thank you.

I understand about flexbox here nobody has heard of? ))) Personally, I don’t know how to impose modern website without flex. At the moment I use webflow for prototyping my sites, they went very far, but there are many limitations. Pinegrow can be a strong competitor to many tools. I think your project has a great future.

Hi @Scorp ,

Welcome to the forum.

[quote=“Scorp, post:2, topic:951”]
I understand about flexbox here nobody has heard of? ))) Personally, I don’t know how to impose modern website without flex. [/quote]

The new “Visual CSS Editor” coming in Pinegrow 3, shows support for various Flex Container & Flex Child properties. So seemingly one can assume “Pinegrow 3” will have integrated support for FlexBox throughout the app when it arrives.

See the “Countdown to Pinegrow 3.0” video here that shows it.

Here is a screenshot from the above video.

Hope that helps regarding your FlexBox inquiry, and its support in the soon to be released Pinegrow 3.

:wink: :evergreen_tree: :heart:

Very good call - one question left though:

Under what conditions does one have those properties available? Framework, Starter-Kit or even from scratch?

Cheers

Thomas

+1
Have to wait for version 3.0, you might need to move gradually? Several updates and still waiting…

Indeed, much is still left to question, even with the “Countdown to Pinegrow 3.0” videos.

The video shows Display being set to Flex from the Display list, then followed by the Flex properties being set. I would assume it will be pretty universal in its usage, since its just CSS. You can also see Grid listed in the Display list.

I’m not sure why Flex is shown twice in the list however?
(click the image to see the full screenshot)

I assume it will be pretty universal in its availability and usage. But we don’t know enough at this point to truly know.

I think you’re right, indeed - universal (haven’t really thought enough about my question).

I’m looking forward to V3 and how it works together with “Reginald” which has only the very basic flex-properties for creating the structure. All this UI discussion isn’t mine anyway. I’m far more interested in SASS and how it will be integrated (I assume not the way I’d like) and strengthening the “from scratch - does it really mean from nil?” position.

Cheers

Thomas