Freeway Pro refugees

I’m unsure as well about the upcoming UI other than it was confirmed and briefly mentioned by @matjaz here. That’s why I said “I trust likewise the new UI …”, as I hope to be pleasantly surprised when it does release. A proper UI update could do a lot for better and more efficient productivity, not sure why you feel otherwise? But yes further feature advancements are certainly a “big curiosity” for what’s to come as well in v3.

Time will tell regardless of the outcome. :wink:

Yeah, it could but if that is all that happens then it would be sad and might not be worth upgrading. Will have to wait and see.

This was one of the biggest problems that the Freeway Pro developers fought and LOST! Owners of previous versions refusing to upgrade when the upgrades came out and those users trying to make do with outdated versions of the software. That was probably the developers biggest public complaint.

If I am using a software and like it, I will be one of those that will upgrade it.

It is going to determine the changes and features the new version provides if it will be worth it for some users. Though being that the upgrade for me will only be $25 due to the deal I took advantage of not too long ago and will also give me free updates for a year I will be upgrading.

It’s so interesting how different we all view FW. I would not say it’s “intuitive” in any way at all. It takes searching for videos to even understand the simplest of things like how to “import” images that can’t be made “responsive”. I felt it was confused, clumsy. I can see it did have some advantages when it came to documentation over PG and had far more instructional videos. In that way it has an edge, and I do believe that PG is light in that area. I have the latest version and the videos are behind and rather “general” in scope so you do have to play with it and do a lot of searching to find answers. Thats not a problem for larger companies like adobe. Hopefully the community will SHARE their videos to help others hence PG will grow. I really do enjoy the IDE and blocks! I will continue to search in the meantime for a WYSIWYG can help me save time – so far I like PG and only wish for better documentation or more current documentation.

Hi,

Pinegrow 3, as far as I know has not been officially released. Its being considered a “soft release” at this point as they continue to refine and finalize it and work out some bugs, etc.

PineGrow 3 was a total rewrite with the new UI/UX, more comprehensive documentation and resources will follow I am sure once its “officially” released.

Have you seen the “in app help system” released in version 3.1?

PineGrow in App Help

Again it too will only get better, I am sure the online documentation will correlate with it eventually as well. Stay tuned much more to come I am sure once the “official release” occurs.

:wink: :evergreen_tree::heart:

Edit > Import. FW’s implementation of responsive is quirky. With everything else it is great. I’ve been using it for years. When they introduced their approach to responsive in version 6 I started looking for alternatives and tried everything else since. With PG you definitely do need to be into coding. I ran into all sorts of weirdness when working with various objects in PG. For me, the best way to figure it out is to take a page I’ve created elsewhere and then pick it apart within PG.

I made a suggestion a while back about the developer taking a close look at the way that Freeway handles styles. One of the things I dislike about DreamWeaver is that they display everything and you have to skip over a ton of stuff you don’t need. PG tends to be that way. FW’s approach of displaying the minimum attributes and turning other attributes on via pop-up menus is better than having to scroll past a ton of unwanted attributes. Plus, FW’s automatic enabling of selected style attributes or smaller breakpoints for fast editing is a big plus.

Thanks for that tip – I haven’t used the in app help system yet, I’ll start using it. I’ve been going straight to the knowledge base. My questions are usually very rudimental since I’m not working for others building sites but rather I have my own marketing company and I’m looking for other ways to build sales funnels quickly. Currently “clickfunnels” serves that purpose but I’ve found instances where that does not work. In high risk markets that sell things such as CBD products etc… processors, gateways and even clickfunnels themselves don’t really allow you to market such things so it’s necessitating growth into building my own funnels. There are a few other projects I’d love to use it on as well. My version of Pine Grow says 3.1 - is that what yours says?

And thank you for the response!

Simpler for the user is always better :slight_smile: I hear you about the reverse engineering of pages. I’ve just started doing that myself.