Pinegrow Plugin Marketplace

I have created a marketplace for Pinegrow Plugins and Add ons which I will officially launch soon

http://pluginsforpinegrow.com/

Right now can only add free plugins but plan to add the ability to sell plugins in the coming weeks before launching. There are no plugins uploaded yet but I will add some over the coming weeks. The site is not finished yet so there are still some bugs and things to improve. .

I created this as I have a few, mostly free plugins, I want to launch and this was an easier way to get them out there.

Anyone who is interested in using the site to display their work is welcome to join and I can help with any issues.

Thoughts and ideas welcome

10 Likes

@benhanna hi. Just checked out the site. I like the idea and I wish you luck with it.

2 Likes

Thanks Rob, all the best

Neat concept for the Pinegrow community, looking forward to see its launch and continued progression.

in our country we don’t have paypal so what other option we can have to recieve payment of sale ?

@itsmeleo Yes I am aware paypal wont work for everyone and looking into it at moment. Do you have any suggetions? I was planning to look at adding skrill later…

@benhanna good luck with this.

If you think about how popular web templates are, yet what is the main problem for people who buy templates? they can’t customise them! This makes Pinegrow the perfect software for template buyers, so maybe once you have more templates on offer, especially bootstrap (it’s what people google search for) it will drive traffic to your website.

Thanks @Jack_Clarity . Yes I agree, and I will be adding some bootstrap themes I made, beginning with some basic conversions I made a long time ago of free ones which is how I learned to start creating plugins for PG. Then a few original, more complex and bigger ones with cool extras I use for quickly prototyping clients websites.

@benhanna looking forward seeing your complex plugins.

I’m working on a few templates and soon a block kit, so I’ll upload one template and if it’s up to the standard of startbootstrap, you can offer it for free within your marketplace.

@Jack_Clarity

Sounds good look forward to seeing it. Block kits are something I would love to see and I am working on some of these also. You should be able to sign up and add free plugins at monent (UX might not be perfect yet and maybe some bugs), they need to be manually approved, and I will add the ability to sell on there very soon as well.

@benhanna I know developers such as @itsmeleo & @anon79477802 who have been looking to sell block kits & plug-ins.

Maybe some block kits could be sold as themes, such as
Fashion
Fitness
and so on, so instead of someone buying a fashion template, they could purchase a block kit ready to build a complete fashion website?

Anyway, will register once I have put something together.

Looking good @anon79477802

1 Like

Thanks @Jack_Clarity, this is exactly how I was thinking in regards to themes/ Templates/ Block Kits, as this is the kind of thing I have been looking for myself. At moment I have a more general premium Block kit with 150+ Blocks almost ready to put up there to see how things go first.

@anon79477802 Thanks a lot, will let you know when the site is ready as still lots of work to do on design and functionality side. Best of luck also with you site and I downloaded the blocks good work.

1 Like

@benhanna this has been my focus, simple block kits, because really that is all people need. Most people who download block kits and templates, don’t understand how to fix layout issues.

They don’t need the plug-ins or half of the blocks and most of the templates on themeforest are terrible in terms of layout/speed. I’ve downloaded a few of their freebies and they full of bloat.

The way I’m building my block kits, is each block is setup correctly for every device and if someone downloads the block kit for a fashion website, its practically ready to go live, just depends on their logo and fixing the colour scheme.

While I’m also considering selling my block kits with a content management system installed, so they can download for free but pay a fee to download the template version (with their choice of blocks) with a static CMS installed.

1 Like

HI Ben, does the contact form download ok with yourself? I keep getting an error and when trying to right click and save link as I just get an index.php file, whereas my download manager shows it as a .zip file, but I cant download this.
thanks

@anon79477802
@Jack_Clarity
@itsmeleo
@rob

I have opened the site to sellers (you can also add free downloads of course)
https://pluginsforpinegrow.com/seller-registration/

I will go over any uploads from sellers and edit and format the descriptions and images, apart from that there should be no issues adding a plugin or template its pretty straightforward.

If any one has an issue with paypal payments I am sure can work something out if they have any recommendations for an alternative

It would be worth following the Pinegrows team recommendations for Blocks

For example, specific CSS rule naming, like <my_plugin>_some_class etc.

As a start, here are some of our initial ideas:

Code quality, HTML & CSS quality and Maintainability = key points (Easy editing, Framework upgrade, JS components upgrade)

• 100% Created with Pinegrow Web Editor.
  • When using existing HTML templates, licenses and usage limits must be strictly specified.

Coding rules:

• Bootstrap or Foundation
  • Use of clean HTML5 structure & semantic
  • Assistive technology compliant (accessibility)
  • BEM compliant CSS
  • Flexbox instead of floats to control the alignment, direction, order, and size of boxes
  • SASS source files with comments when needed

Animations & gimmicks:

• CSS preferred
  • Minimal use of dedicated JavaScript > only when really necessary

Interesting documents:

BEM
https://medium.com/@andersonorui_/bem-sass-and-bootstrap-9f89dc07d20f#.ozfhbh6wd

HTML5 semantic

Accessibility

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/

Flexbox
https://internetingishard.com/html-and-css/flexbox/

5 Likes

That strange smooth-scroll modifier is killing the experience, at least for me.

I would love to contribute to something like this, but I’m still having some trouble figuring out how to create blocks!

I would like to put together a collection of different navigation menus that offer something other than just a simple change of text color. There are so many ways to use CSS transitions along with border styles and such to create really cool effects. I guess there would have to be a custom CSS stylesheet with rules for all the different navbars, and that would be loaded whenever someone uses one of the navbar blocks, but it seems wasteful to have to load a stylesheet with rules for fifty navbars when you’re only using one. I wonder, is there a way to automatically strip away unused CSS rules from a stylesheet by examining the final HTML code?

Have not been able to find a good way to do this, the best way I have found is to just structure the stylesheet so its easy and quick to delete unused code post project.

some thing along the lines

.my-navbar 1 {}

.my-navbar 1 .style 1 {}

.my navbar 2 {}

.my-navbar 2 .style 2 {}

With the plugins its possible to create options to quickly add a style to a html tag so could just have one navbar and a couple of styles you can add with a click, but again you will end up with some unused code in the end

Awesome bootstrap 4 update Ben , thank you!.
I got a suggestion for a new pack of layouts , I use ecommerce a lot and it would be awesome to have a bunch of ecommerce blocks.

There are a lot of things you could add such as various of product grinds, product tables ,product pagination, product sorting ,featured product blocks , best selling product blocks , product description page etc etc.

It would be cool to have som blocks with mainly focus on ecommerce with some of the blocks used in the ecommerce sites. There are some blocks and layouts around the net but they are old and boring and pretty much 90s layout.