What is your work flow to go from design mockup to full website?

I thought there was a Mac version but I don’t see that in the description. They do have an ONLINE only version they are focusing a lot of development on. You access it through a web browser and has similar features to the desktop app. Is included in the purchase though is part of a subscription model, first year is included in initial purchase. The desktop app itself never expires even when you choose to not continue with the annual renewal.

For those that do use Windows and are tired of Adobe, from what I have been able to do with this particular software is inline with what I could do with indesign, muse and photoshop. Though in one application.

The html and accompanying assetts, CSS etc… are what you would expect from an all in one, better output than Microsoft Front Page but not to my own quality. Though the sites seem to load quickly and technically is considered html5 standard. The inline stuff annoys me though and much of it seems to be animation and absolute positioning of images related.

If you are going to try to rework the existing code you MUST know html and css pretty well. I would personally start over instead of messaging, especially if you are using Bootstrap or something similar. What the html does do is give you a start in understanding what is going on. You can adjust things though within Pinegrow.

Importing the html allows you to copy paste elements and images to a regular Pinegrow page or blank html to give you a start on building your own version which a strictly image only does not allow. Though you CAN also output PNG or JPG version and work from a purely visual reference instead of using the html at all, or a PDF. I do not believe it outputs PSD versions but you can import PSD’s with the software.

I would say this is more a visual only designer versus a coders program as you do not actually get access to the html within the program. Though you can input your own sections if you choose, there is a feature for that. Similar to any Adobe web design application.

I am impressed with the page load times of sites made with this but… I have hand coder roots so I like to putz with the code and make it do things in fewer lines or at least be semantically correct if not for SEO for Mobile.

It’s an all in one software… Puhlease… It is what you would expect.

I have several plugins installed for Atom that do things I don’t like, including adding additional lines and formatting certain tags in ways I personally do not. Notepad++ is faster loading for me and I have it setup to my own work flow, Atom is poofy in some ways with UI / UX compared to Notepad++. Doing quick edits is just easier for me and I have shortcuts that just do things I have setup like save file while trimming lines automagically. Due to some of the plugins in Atom I don’t have that same ease though it can be setup also to do that IF you don’t have plugins that overwrite that capability with their way of doing things.

A lot of what I shared has to be more to my own personal work flow than “fact” for everyone in all situations. I keep forgetting that others do things not the way I do it. LOL

You MAC people, you all need to do everything with a click of a button I find amusing. Though I prefer to get in and make things myself than rely on others one click results. Yup, I said it. :wink:

:thinking: @Terry44, Thanks for the further feedback and appeasing my curiosity, appreciated.

Hello! I really like to use Sketch and Figma to create a wireframe for the site. I knew about their existence, but had never used them before. Once I saw an article about their effectiveness. Programs are really easy to use.

I don’t use Xara anymore. Switched mostly to using Atom as my editor but still use Notepad++ for simple edits. Delved into Atom themes and crafted my own theme based off of the Atom Dark theme for UI and Syntax. Got lazy and put some of the CSS in the global user style sheet instead of in the theme set but it works so I don’t care. LOL

Went back to “school” so to speak and delved much deeper into Javascript, CSS, SASS and learning PWA ( progressive web apps ) and how to “convert” existing mobile or non-mobile websites into PWA’s.

Apparently that is going to be the new standard at least through 2022… PWA for website and mobile apps. So windows can install your website directly into itself and have it’s own window operating just like any other windows application. Replace windows with any mobile operating system and samething… though IOS works differently for PWA than android??? I am not a mac user so no idea.

Joy, joy… so not just designing for the web but for fill in the blank operating system too and if it DOESN’T look and operate like a standard application for the device, operating system then expect to get complaints by users… At least that is what I am seeing with people currently in the top edge of web design / development.