Freeway Pro refugees

So never being a Freeway user and inspired by this recent thread and @Thomas , I downloaded the FP demo and checked it out. Along with looking back in time via the wonders of the internet at documentation and such. I can now see why design minded people liked FP, much like their mantra declared:

“Freeway is completely focused on web design, but its past lies in page layout and print design. It does exactly what you need it to do as a web designer, in precisely the way you know how to do it as a traditional designer.”

It felt a lot like early Ad$be Cre$tive Suit$ versions, or earlier non-CS versions of Ad$be products. So it’s understandable those familiar with Illustrat$r and Photosh$p as designers probably felt less challenged and more at home using the app.

Anyway I now understand better the absence FP users are trying to fulfill via the means of other apps. In the end though as many search for apps, it’s important to try and put forth effort to learn HTML/CSS/JS then you wont ever be dependent on an app and more opportunities will present themselves.

I like to try lots of apps, demos, clouds for the UI/UX evaluation, experience and seeing how features differ amongst offerings. I find it interesting and insightful.

For this same reason, over the weekend I bought “Xpressive” $19 via the Mac App store, for this very purpose as it looked interesting and somewhat like Pinegrow. I had known about it since last year, but never really looked into it further. It seems to be a rather obscure app and not talked about much even when it was released. It should be noted that it has not been updated since mid 2015 (and perhaps wont be?) but since it uses native files like Pinegrow it is fine. In many ways it’s like Pinegrow, but perhaps worth checking out for those that are designed minded as some of the UI controls and settings are visually grouped more logically than the current version of Pinegrow. But much like Pinegrow it’s UI/UX requires some time to comprehend. Given it’s low price point, I am glad I bought it, as it’s an interesting app. It offers some interesting features like drag and drop movement and placement as well, which as talked about in another thread would be a nice feature for Pinegrow as well. Also much like Pinegrow it allows the users to learn about the required HTML/CSS/JS as well.

I’m not trying to confuse anyone or send users away from Pinegrow, I just love reviewing different apps, demos, clouds, etc. I trust likewise the new UI coming in Pingrow v3 will improve all users leverage of the app, both beginners and advanced developers. I have high expectations. :wink:

:evergreen_tree: :heart: