Trying to suppress posts with a specific tag (2)

This is a follow-on to a previous question - I can now get a bit more specific, and I’m hoping someone can suggest something:

When I try to combine wp-if-has-tag="!random" and wp-loop-clear-columns in the same wp-loop with class=“col-xs-12 col-md-4 col-sm-6”, the !has_tag( ‘random’) test doesn’t include what I want it to. I need the tag test to suppress not only the post but also div with the classes and the clear column logic . That is, if the post has the tag “random”, don’t output ANYTHING and don’t add one to the column count.

What I’m looking for is either a way to express my needs in the html, either through attaching the tag test in a different way or by.specifying that the loop excludes posts with the tag “random” (specified by name, not tag-id because that will not be constant). I’ve tried to find a solution in both areas with no success.

The following image shows manually-edited php which does what I want (except that less than 9 posts will show if “random” posts were present - but at least they don’t just leave a gap where they would have been output).

home-working-php

The Pinegrow generated code (the way I’ve currently specified it) looks like this, and leaves a “hole” where a suppressed post would have been:

home-not-working-php

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

@greyguru sorry for the very late reply, would something like this be of use to you in this situation? http://www.bluthemes.com/blog/3/clearing-bootstrap-3-columns it might help simplify your code and allow you to achieve what you’re trying to do.

Thanks Rob,

I haven’t had a chance to look into this in detail yet. For instance, Pinegrow 4 may do things differently. But one thing is for sure, I’m really grateful for you reply because I had a nagging feeling that I had made a change directly to the PHP, and couldn’t find any documentation to myself to tell me where it was. THIS was it! So thanks very much. I’ll update when I take another look, but I’m into so many things it may be another four months! Luckily, this is a cosmetic problem that will only occur when I post a particular kind of post AND it’s in the most recent nine posts.

David

1 Like

Wow what are the odds of me posting a link to the docs you had previously used, glad it was of some use.