How to whitelabel Pinegrow functions.php file?

Hello,

I am new to Pinegrow. I want to whitelabel the comments inside the functions.php file of Pinegrow. Is that possible? I tried changing the stuff inside functions.php and then there was an error message. I could have ignored the message but I am not sure if that affects the functionality of the WP theme builder. Please let me know. Thanks for making such an amazing product.

Could not write code to functions.php.

Perhaps the functions.php is missing (run WordPress -> Export the theme) or the following sections are missing from **functions.php** in your theme folder:

/* Pinegrow generated Include Resources Begin */ /* Pinegrow generated Include Resources End */
1 Like

Via automated scripts of your own creation, you can implement trimming of certain files before their commercial release.

However, exports from Pinegrow will always include these mentions.

1 Like

@Emmanuel @matjaz

If “Include “Generated with Pinegrow” in the source code” is unchecked in the plugin/theme settings, doesn’t it make sense for Pinegrow to not mention itself in the exported theme or plugin files?

I had a look now at the main PHP file in my plugin export and it mentions Pinegrow over a dozen times. You could just use the word ‘Automatically’ instead of ‘Pinegrow’?

Those “Pinegrow generated” comments are not there to promote Pinegrow, but to clearly keep track of the fact that those sections are generated by Pinegrow and should not be manually customized because all such changes will be lost on the next export.

It would be quite trivial to compose a shell script that would remove these mentions from exported plugin (ask ChatGPT to do it). You would run it before packaging the plugin for client deployment.

1 Like