How to use revolution slider?

One shared opinion of sliders, from the so called professionals is don’t use them (on your homepage) - they are a waste of time and your visitors hate sliders. They tend to be used by people who don’t understand user experience - their words not mine!

This isn’t to say they don’t have their place as I’ve noticed they are popular with non-profit websites and they can impress clients initially (when advertising your services) but be careful about using sliders on your homepage.

2 Likes

Hi @Eric, you can use any Slider / Gallery / Carousel that you may find, Google Search is your friend, as you will find more than you can begin to imagine. Then simply follow the needed code structure of each for usage and manual implementation into your pages and projects.

1 Like

I guess this is as close as you get to that answer:

So assumedly in the end it’s completely up to the end user to properly and correctly comply with the license and use of Revolution Slider. I still am unsure how @itsmeleo is circumventing the commercial license need with his plugin?

:ok_hand: thank you for the info

Also remember if you’re using bootstrap, don’t ignore the carousel. I think it’s ignored as most don’t know how to override the default styling but it’s there ready to drop in your page, while you can easily add/remove slides from the pinegrow context menu.

I guess the most user-friendly slider is wowslider http://wowslider.com/bootstrap-carousel-example-shift-demo.html

Not that I would recommend as I don’t like these out-the-box solutions but the product is widely used and clearly popular for a reason!

1 Like