Problem searching our docs

Hi!
Some more totally useful Documtation feedback.
Honest :slight_smile:

I am still also using PG 2.951 sometimes, as well as 4.3
I didn’t have much of a chance with 3.x so most of my doc requirements are 2.x and 4.x (I also still have 1.27 installed :smiley: )

but, it seems like all the PG 2.x docs need rounding up and collecting into a V 2.x section.
then, topics could be searched by TOPIC - and it returns 3 versions 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
Or TOPIC and VERSION. yep, you guessed it, just the one you need- although the others could have good info.

or, again, you could just browse ALL the docs for the version you are on.
If, 2.x currently , this is pretty difficult.

as Everything with alleges to point to purely v2.x docs doesnt.

ie,
Im, lookign at doing something for woocommerce. and check out our forum.

I check out the 1st link to our relevent docs posted by @Jack
which is here
http://docs.pinegrow.com/wordpress-themes/wordpress-tutorials/how-to-get-woocommerce-to-run-in-a-wordpress-theme-created-with-pinegrow

but… that gives me a 404 error and tells me
Maybe you are looking for our documentation about Pinegrow 2 and so, you should reach our Pinegrow 2 documentation site.

It supplies a link, but that is to
http://docsbeta.pinegrow.com/

and these are the docs for the V3.x

Meh!

but, if I edit the link, and enter this part of it in the search bar

wordpress-tutorials/how-to-get-woocommerce-to-run-in-a-wordpress-theme-created-with-pinegrow

WOO HOO!
just 2 results and…
2nd hit!
which takes me too

http://docsbeta.pinegrow.com/how-to-get-woocommerce-to-run-in-a-wordpress-theme-created-with-pinegrow/

Bingo!

great! but, is this V2 or 3 docs? I now no longer know.
the forum gave me a link, which directed me to a 404, which suggested I seach v2.x docs, which directed me to v3.x docs, with no relevent link , so I botched a search query in there from the initial link and BINGO!
I have an exact match, but I dont know If it is for 2.x or 3.x and if it will work in my version.

and…if I put that same search query in our NEW docs

so, this
how-to-get-woocommerce-to-run-in-a-wordpress-theme-created-with-pinegrow/
in this

I get 52 results. not including what I am looking for at all. -its not there. lost! those older docs are lost!
Gah!!

and if you enter woocommerce alone into our docs, you get absoloutley ZERO results.
(Boo! I know they are there.)

So, maybe our older Docs should be either

1. intergrated in search results as older/different versions.
  2. STILL Listed on our docs page. -for older versions as there is still good info in there.
    By VERSION Numbers maybe?

and
Version 2.x and 3.x docs need to be curated together so that advantage could be taken of them and they could still be used, as there is a lot of good info there, as well as version dependent operations.

oh yes, and the same goes for all our brilliant Tutorial videos on YouTube.

the content is fine, just needs better organising so it can be found better.