Animation Plugin with Pinegrow 5

Just purchased the plug-in. Will install later tonight and advise.

4 Likes

excellent - as your far more experienced and talented than I gunga-din, so send us your review and some funky code to play with that you find particularly fab!

and great, new toys for you :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. Look forward to seeing your findings.

an unnecessary one, especially for @Printninja … to be honest.

This is one of those generous acts of great guys who should immediately end in a refund - the sooner the better. If someone is not a “coder (whatever this will mean)” - he’s wrong here anyway. The “we need a tool for this and that and the other” attitude reminds me on

body {
transform: rotate(180deg)
}

for: “Client wants to have something cool and fancy and outstanding new”

Cheers

Thomas

1 Like

Hey Thomas, ash786 is a potential customer/buyer here. I think you should not be deliberately saying -If someone is not a “coder (whatever this will mean)” - he’s wrong here anyway.- Maybe he would like to become one, or maybe he is an expert coder but finds handy to have an animator plugin. The thread here is whether it works or not… not whether you should be here (coder) or not (non coder)…

1 Like

Hi everyone, it’s the author of AnimatorPro :slight_smile:
AnimatorPro v2.1 is working on Pinegrow 3, 4 and 5.
Now I’m working on a fully new version (from scratch), trying to fully use the new PG API, but it will take some time to add AnimatorPro features.

6 Likes

Hey @red-rosefields, thanks for the input. I agree I don’t think my coding skills or lack of skills should come into it as I’m looking at what Plugin(s) will work with PG5, but just to clear things up - I used to code many moons ago with Pascal and then C++, but haven’t touched anything for years. I can have the ability to “hack” some code and hopefully get me a bit more accustomed to doing it. I’m hoping PG will let me do that. I don’t need a refund at present. Thanks for the offer @Thomas

1 Like

Great news. So, if someone purchase Animator Pro 2.1, will they be eligible as a free upgrade for your new version when it comes out or would it be a new purchase? :slight_smile:

1 Like

the refund was more meant for @Printninja :slight_smile:

@MhdAljuboori Mohammed - just out of curiosity:

When you say the new PG API - is there some documentation available? I remember having had some smaller trouble transferring my plugin from V2-V3 and up. Without the active help of @benhanna I’d never ever had a chance to solve it on my own.

Cheers

Thomas

1 Like

It will be free for anyone purchased AnimatorPro version 1 or 2.

4 Likes

Ahhh ! See? This is why I love it around this community :slight_smile:
It’s just run by nice people and is also a really awesome tool.
Which if truth be told, I need to start using a lot more.

but such potential, such support, where else is there such a nice place online?
Its just not all about the money.

Unfortunately there is no documentation for Pinegrow API yet. I’ll try to be more active on slack so maybe if you had some issues I could help you there (On the #plugin-dev channel or on the private messages).

@MhdAljuboori but what is your basic source then? To be honest - I’m even not aware on which basic language all the stuff is based on. All I can do is halfway trying to defract and understand others work (which is perhaps the half of halfway) - and having the luck that it works (fortunately I ever had it :slight_smile: ). With a bit more understanding, I would long have started to support PG-devs by creating one. But I wouldn’t rely on me honestly.

Cheers

Thomas

I’m working as a developer in Pinegrow, so I work close to these things. (Still AnimatorPro is a third party plugin).
Pinegrow is built on pure javascript (no frameworks) with some libraries (check Support > About).

1 Like

Gosh yeah me stupid - I should have known it. Materialize was one of my source for inspiration.

Excuse my ignorance (and following @Pinegrow_User advise some days ago: Learning vanilla JS might be a good invest).

Cheers

Thomas

1 Like

Great news about the free upgrade. Especially since your starting from scratch. Brilliant attitude :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Thomas I think you should be OK with PG5 if your plugin was Ok with PG 3/4

@benhanna Yeah, yeah, Ben - all good! Up and running without any problems since you helped me to fix back on 4th July 2017 (even better as it was initially back in V2.x)! But it’s always the most scary operation when updating the PG-version (which I did from the first second a new version is available).

Thanks and Cheers

Thomas

Thats good. I update if I come across anything

I purchased the plug-in from your website last night and just installed it into both PG 4 and 5. It’s difficult to find where the controls are, since this is not mentioned in the documentation, and the images on the website and your installation video are outdated. Also, what’s the deal with the giant vertical panel that pops up? There’s no way to resize it, or dock it, or even close it. Even if you deactivate the plug-in, this panel doesn’t close. And if you accidentally drag it too high, you can’t move it again without restarting the program. The plug-in feels unfinished, and having a panel that permanently blocks the workspace in unacceptable.

Also, the folder that contains the plug in (which is extracted from the .zip file) says 2.0. Do I have an outdated plug in? I purchased it yesterday. I see people mentioning 2.1.

Screen shot