Animation Plugin with Pinegrow 5

Still waiting for download link? I don’t understand why the latest version of the plug-in isn’t on the link I got when I purchased the product.

HI, he did say it was just a minor tweak, probably before He thought,
"And since I’m at it, I might as well…oh hang on, new API…er , um, or crap I might as well completely redo the whole thing, then excite everyone with a totally redone plugin, rewritten from the ground up, for FREE for existing customers -yeah! oh hang on, someone thinks the thing is TOTALLY broken in all versions after version 2, so I’ll just confirm its fine and, oh well, I’ll just let them have the minor tweak Ive done before I started the rewrite too, to chirp them up!*

followed bye
My! how ungracious a response

:stuck_out_tongue:

That of course is my tongue in cheek, solution :slight_smile: .
But there is a totally rewritten version on the way for you.
And its great that he isn’t charging existing customers again. All the way back to version 1, and that’s quite some time now.

anyway, apart from that… how are you finding it? @Printninja, I’ve seen some stuff you dont like about it, but what do you like? how have you found it and do you find it, well, FUN? to have in your interface?
Does it speed up workflow? I meant to ask in tech speak sorry, Fun was just my version.

I really liked the idea, it did however take me a little while to figure out that you apply the animation effects to the level above
The thing you were trying to animate, if that made sense, and I remember correctly. I’ve really not played with any of this for some time.
I think its about time

1 Like

I never gave the AnimatorPro plugin much attention (or purchased it), because it was unclear that it would work with v3/v4. Thanks @MhdAljuboori for clarify this now that it’s working!

Also great to hear that you are working on a completly new version !!!
I think I wait for that version to arrive, and I’m curious what that will bring us! :heart:

1 Like

Got It! cheers @MhdAljuboori, will play with it later :slight_smile:

Have fun !!!
So soon we are going to see animated P…eH…s ! :innocent:

@schpengle Maybe, if you have time for it (and don’t spend hours), can you do a (little) screencast/video to see it in action that shows how to use it!

I couldn’t find a video, only static images of the interface.

Again, only when you got time and when you don’t have important other things to do!

Ok , I will see what I can do. Give me a little while though as I would have to check in with his documentation, which is a little scant.

mmm…yes, can hear them yapping, snapping and barking now, as we speak… they want to get OUT!

1 Like

Thanks! But only when you got time and when it’s fun for you too, to make a video. It must be an easy task, when it’s to much work or a hassle to figure it out, don’t do it and forget that I asked it!

Edit: Or if somebody else is able to make a video, to show how the AnimatorPro works and to see it in action!

ah! I will have a go. Not done it before with a screen cast. See how it goes.
I will tinker today , but it would probably take me a couple of days , by which time, someone else will probably have produced an epic

BEN HUR AND THE RETURN OF THE ANIMATOR PRO…

… with light sabres and Stormtoopers and the like.
But, I’ll have a go anyway . yes, fun… could be fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought you made screencasts before, that’s why I popped the question to you. Now I hear that it’s new for you (and you also have to dive into the Animator Docs), please forget that I asked it. You can spent your time probably better!

God no! of course, it will give me something CREATIVE to do.
…er…like websites cough that I am very slack about creating

1 Like

It would be great if Pinegrow 5 at some point supported OAM import (Animate CC files) which is supported throughout their platform (ie: Dreamweaver, Indesign etc). Animate CC is the replacement for Flash from Adobe. I use Tumult Hype 3 Pro for animation on a mac which also supports OAM. The problem is there is always tweaking and headaches when trying to “import” the output into another project editor without proper OAM support.

Having to import the OAM package files like a module in pinegrow instead of trying to tweak code would save a lot of time.

I think it would also act as an incentive to help those stuck on Adobe for support reasons to be able to look at Pinegrow.

https://fileinfo.com/extension/oam

Just my nickel.

Be well,

Vince

And I think, god (or whoever is responsible) should prevent us from this.

Pinegrow’s concept, at the date of writing, is to be seen as to work like a browser - it’s not to be meant as kind of a pre-processor application. A compiler can turn some native files (SASS, LESS …) - but native app-files? Perhaps a thing for the PG seedling - not necessary for PG’s core app.

My two cent.

Cheers

Thomas

By the way, guys - have you ever had a look at the animation-on-scroll how apple (the iPhone XR) it is currently doing? I mean - having had a look into it and had to recognise, that I’m far off de-constructing it.

Cheers

Thomas

Don’t want to share a link - it looks so spammy, does it?

Hi Thomas,

OAM stands for Open Ajax Metadata (ver 1.0). It’s not an Adobe proprietary format. The file contains html, css, js and some xml detailing the info on the content in the package. It’s no different than creating a block for pinegrow that is saved in js. Being able to import the snippets from the package properly like a block would benefit not hurt Pinegrow. OAM blocks could be shared content in the community as well. According to the docs Pinegrow does not support html snippet import through Ajax at the time of its writing which is why I brought it up.

I’m not sure why you are adverse to having Pinegrow support open frameworks that will allow it to integrate with other tools for collaboration saving both development time and money. Failing to do so makes software stale.

Pinegrow itself is a compilation of many open source integrated pieces. It’s a natural fit.

Vince

I’ve seen some pretty impressive animation done with CSS variables.

It honestly sucks, being always on the defence mode.

First things first:

I’m not against anything or anyone at all - and what will be integrated and supported or not is absolutely OK for me, I can’t influence it anyway.

PG allows you to deal with anything the web offers. It’s just a question of personal taste and abilities. Expecting entirely support is the one - trying to create something on your own the other. The big problem I’ve got is, with every “Plug-In”, another ref to css and js will be added to the DOM. For every lil fart on page and ever and ever again. Finally people end up having 10 references in the head for CSS and 10 in the before end body for js. Certainly - their problem. But then we shouldn’t wonder about upcoming threads like those

in the future. What I’m about is a work-around for this problem first. Something, that makes PG concatenating and compiling those 10 lines first, making a cleaner and more compact code later (such as an example).

Regarding Hype, apologise misunderstanding the concept. In fact, all I know about it is years old. I only remember Hypes output includes all elements required for running it natively in a browser. And all I remember is people copying the entire sauce into the body-element, finally having two of them - certainly all the rest (doctype, html, head) as well.

I personally don’t see a need of concepts like those nor do I necessarily need a successor for Flash. But perhaps I missed a trend.

Cheers

Thomas

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with Animator Pro. It seems to add an inline style for the initial state of the object being animated. Not sure why. Further, if I delete the animation from the object, the inline style remains. I have to delete it manually. Weird. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

I still don’t care for the interface. Big floating panel that can’t be docked or resized, that doesn’t close even if you close the project. You can close it manually by clicking the invisible “x” in the upper right corner. Also weird, but doesn’t take away from the functionality.

When I first started programming it was on punch cards in the 1970’s. I remember my first home computer having only 20k of ram, and doing everything possible to make the code as short as possible. Back in those days, we all were fastidious about not being sloppy with our programs. It’s a mentality I still embrace today, but the reality is, huge hard drives, cheap ram and fast internet connections have created a generation of coders/programmers who just don’t care about compact, clean code. And it’s only going to get worse once 5g becomes ubiquitous. I mean, just look at what Windoze turned into over the course of 20 years!

off piste but couldn’t help myself
My first school computer,
With and Operating system I forgot all about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

How is the development on the new version of Animator Pro getting on?

1 Like