How to create the link to the heading and read more

I’m currently working my way through the WP video tutorials. One thing that really nags me is the fact, that the author of the videos obviously has set up a link for a “read more”. I don’t know how he did it or where (and it is actually not shown in the video).

In addition I want to link the post title to the single post view as well. How do I do that?

Hi @kowisoft. If I understand the first part of you question correctly and to the best of my knowledge the read more is added directly in Wordpress, see Codex with information about this Read More. I hope this is of help to you.

On the second part, and someone else might know better than me, you’ll need to have a single post template to display the Post on its own and then on the page that you are displaying the Posts Loop, e.g. Blog page, you just need to wrap the Title in a link then apply The permalink (select Href attribute (with escape_url). This is found under Links in the WP Tab. I don’t think I’ve done a very good job of explaining this but if it doesn’t make sense just reply here and I’ll try giving a clearer explanation.

Rob, thanks for your kind reply. That helped me solve the problem :slight_smile: