Price per API call in Claude

I am watching the Tailwind to WP Block creator and notice you use Anthropic. I went to sign up but have NO idea what the actual cost is per API call with Smart Claude. I can easily see making 100 calls to smart create a site for auto creation. I was also confused if you used a pay as you go, or a monthly paid account. The latter did not seem to include APIs . And you can’t get an API without signing up for pay as you go. Anthropic may save a LOT of time, but I don’t know if it would cost me $5 or $500 per site. Anthropic did not make it clear how it charges per API call. I assume every time you press the auto create feature or ask a question you are making a new call…

I am not building WP sites at the moment, but I am using AI for development and would suggest you look at Openrouter if you have not done so already, which gives you a single source to select whatever model you wish. You can either leave it on auto inside Pinegrow, which currently defaults to Gemini in my experience or you can select your preferred AI model.

More importantly for your question, you can check the logs to see exactly how much you are spending and which model is using that credit. You can literally put in a single prompt and the cost will be relayed in the Openrouter dashboard.

To give you an idea of cost, I just completed a 10 page static site using Tailwind using Gemini and it cost me around $12, but much of that depends on how you prompt and the complexity of the site etc. I would expect Anthropic to typically be more expensive, but not $500 for sure. Somebody who uses the Anthropic API can probably give you a better idea.