Video problems html5

Hi Folks,

I’m hoping some of you can help me out again.

I’m trying to add a mp4 video file to a page using the video html in Pinegrow. I’ve specified a source and set sizing in the properties box but when I preview in Safari I only get the video player and no content. I’ve tried using the source selector in the properties box and nesting a separate source html but neither work.

I’ve done some reading and tried adding code examples from the internet (w3schools), but nothing will get the video to play.

I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi htere, You might want to post a link to what your working on, or some code?
I guess you have just checked this out, from what you have said.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

Does the video play in a browser itself if you just open the file with a browser?

so likewise
I just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong, any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
… post some code or links or where the file is so others can better help you :slight_smile:
Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

And also, what browser are you using and what encoding is the MP4 ? (they can have different , weird ones)

Hi All,

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I managed to solve my problem.

The project I’m working on was stored on a local drive (usb thumb drive), including all the media files. this seemed to be the sticking point, because as soon as I uploaded it to a server to post a link here for troubleshooting, the video links all worked.

Is this a known thing or is it just confined to me?

It’s all good learning though and I’m sure this won’t be the last time I’m begging for help here. Once the site is a little more refined I’ll post a link for critique and suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.

Wayne