Allow for a default folder for "open project"

My system has C and D drives (C is a SSD) so all the normal ways to finding and opening a folder seem to take longer. Starting at “This PC” makes it very tedious to get to my project (or file). I keep all my website folders together (D::/VHOSTS) so if I could start there every time I need to open something, it would save me a lot of frustration!

Thanks for considering this!

1 Like

Doesn’t Open Project remember the location of the last opened project?

No, while it remembers “recent projects”, both the “open project” on the opening page and the one under “file” open a “browse for folder” dialog which starts at “This PC”. Even after opening a project from recent projects and closing it (which should give PG a pretty good clue!) it starts there.So if it’s not a recent project, you’re stuck.

If I could manage recent projects better,it might be OK, but it gets so cluttered, every now and then I just clear them all.

Yes, just seconding this request. If I select “Open File” It always goes to the System Root DIrectory. so it always takes a while to get to where I want. It would be nice if you could, say, set a Start up Directory, ie your Local web dev environments public_html directory. or maybe a settings thing where you could say set root directories, for images/scripts/code/whatever :slight_smile:
So, maybe *Open: Other
Project
WebPage
scripts
css
images

sort of thing, where you had set each one to a more relevant directory in settings before hand. that way, if you didnt have the project saved recently, or, had just opened a page from the Internet and saved it etc it would be much closer to hand. Maybe Saving could work something along these lines too? Handy if your not doing a full blown project.
Just some ideas. and, Happy Xmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also would like to see this improvement