Right-click editing + project file management

Two basic requests:
right-click context editing for copy, cut, paste, etc - especially in code editing windows but also in the main page view.

Also, it would be nice to be able to sort files in the project folder view by date or type. Maybe there’s something I’m missing, but when I open a project I need to scroll through the folder (always sorted by file name) to the last file I was working on. Would be mighty handy to have the most recently edited file appear right at the top.

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 for right-click context editing for copy, cut, paste, etc - especially in code editing windows but also in the main page view. This would really improve my current workflow Thanks too!

@Mr.Brad and @Iwsmith,
You can do copy, paste, and duplicate options from the Page View and Tree by right-clicking to bring up the context menu. In the code editor you have to drop-back to your system hot keys CDM+C/CTRL+C…

Hi @RobM
Many thanks for that; however, it’s code view that’s my work-flow killer. I know CTRL C/V works but I’m so used to using right-click paste from years of Dreamweaver/Word/Excel etc. If I forget (which is often) to use hot keys in code view and right-click instead, the current code/text selection is lost and you have to re-find the paste position again. As the right click function seems available (not used currently) in code view perhaps it could be added in the future hence I added under Feature Requests.
Kind regards
Ian

Thanks, nice to see my humble request getting some attention after all these months!
Appreciate the tip, hot keys are fine but a right-click context editing capability would still be a big plus especially in the text-based format of the code editor. I’m not really a coder, but when I do get in there I tend to be moving stuff around more than actual typing.

Also still hoping for date sorting capability in the project folder, actually I’d rank that a higher priority. Maybe these mundane but useful features could be part of version 6.