ACF Group Fields not working

Hi all,

I am using the Pinegrow Theme Converter. I use it together with ACF Pro to convert my Webflow sites to WordPress. I am all good with showing my image and text acf fields in the front-end using the ‘Display ACF Field’ action in Pinegrow.

However, I can’t seem to get the ACF Group fields to work with Pinegrow. Let’s say I create a Group Field called ‘Group Field’ with 2 sub fields:

1. Image → image_1
  2. Text Area → text_1

When I then use the Pinegrow Display ACF Field Action, filling in the ‘Field’ with the sub fields, they don’t show on the front end. Again, works with no issues when I use normal single fields (not group fields) but once I use group fields, they are not being displayed on the front end.

Does Pinegrow not support ACF Group Fields?

Hello @JanaL,

Thanks for your question.
As of today, I’m not sure we handle ACF groups specificities (as curious as it may seem, I had never used this possibility until today & your question.) still I managed to display group content by doing a very simple test.

However, I’m pretty sure that the code currently generated is not conform to the ACF requirements yet.

We are going to check the situation with Matjaz :slight_smile:

Note: In the mean time, maybe you could try this “kind” of code snippet (this is just an EXAMPLE). It is not as visual as the smart actions, but it works very well:

<?php if ( have_rows( 'group' ) ) : ?>
	<?php while ( have_rows( 'group' ) ) : the_row(); ?>
		<?php the_sub_field( 'text1' ); ?>
		<?php the_sub_field( 'text2' ); ?>
		<?php $image1 = get_sub_field( 'image1' ); ?>
		<?php $size = 'full'; ?>
		<?php if ( $image1 ) : ?>
			<?php echo wp_get_attachment_image( $image1, $size ); ?>
		<?php endif; ?>
	<?php endwhile; ?>
<?php endif; ?>

Regarding ACF and Pinegrow, a few years ago (2017), I covered the topic of ACF’s flexible content to create your own page builder and the method used in the article HERE, if it is not as visual and practical as the use of smart actions is still effective when precisely there are no smart actions for what you want to do. :wink:

Thank you for your replies! I actually managed to figure out the group fields. But there are a few other acf things that do not seem to be supported by Pinegrow.

I wouldn’t mind adding my own php snippets to the php files but the issue I am running in then, is that I can’t continue working on the theme with Pinegrow as it would overwrite my custom code. Or is there another way to convert a Webflow site with the Pinegrow theme converter + adding own php snippets without overwriting the php files when continuing to work with Pinegrow?

And the tutorial you mentioned about the theme builder and flexible content, is that also suitable for the theme converter or only for the web editor?

Thanks!