Can't start internal webserver on Mac, solved

I just installed Pinegrow 4.9 on my Macbook Air with High Sierra 10.13.5.

I get an error in Pinegrow:

+++
Pinegrow can’t function without its internal webserver

Ups… we have a problem! Pinegrow was unable to start its internal webserver. The server is required for Pinegrow to function correctly…
+++

I did this to solve the problem (and nothing worked):

• Firewall was not active

• Restarting computer

• Shell, netstat -lnt | grep 40000 - there is nothing which listens on Port 40000, the default port for Pinegrow listening

• I changed in Pinegrow, menu Support - Settings the internal webserver from 127.0.0.1:40000 to 127.0.0.1:30900 (nothing is running on this port) -> does not help

• I changed in Pinegrow, menu Support - Settings the internal webserver from 127.0.0.1:40000 to :: and Port 40000 (nothing is running on this port) -> does not help

• Now I turned ON the mac-firewall. Add exception for Pinegrow-programm. Nothing changed, does not help

• I changed in Pinegrow, menu Support - Settings the internal webserver from 127.0.0.1:40000 to 10.95.95.2 (my current ip address!!!) and Port 40000 (nothing is running on this port) -> there is a new error message from my mac-firewall:

+++
Allow network connection?

Should Pinegrow accept network connections from ::ffff:10.95.81.75

Local connections are always allowed . Restart Pinegrow to flush the allowed and the blocked lists.

Block | Allow
+++

I choose allow. Now it’s working!

Maybe this helps someone.

1 Like

That’s an odd one!
127.0.0.1 is the Local Loopback address and SHOULD work - if allowed.

as it is, each time you plugin to your local Router, or some other network, you will have to go through that again each time, as you may well be designated a different IP address.

have you THEN tried changing it BACK to 127.0.0.1 and seeing if you get the same Allow network connection messages and see if it THEN allows 127… etc.

let us know what happens.
Interesting. Im a bit tired now, trying to think what else could cause this. there are.a few things.