Data-pg-id why is it in the end HTML file?

Hi,

I’m test driving Pinegrow editor and noticed that data-pg-id is added at every single part of my HTML page. I do understand that this code is used to target every element on the page and to communicate with the application. I wonder at the end when the website is finished can you get rid of this extra code?

I don’t understand why the “data-pg-id” is not only used internal so we don’t even have to see it and then constantly compiled to plain HTML without the “data-pg-id”, or did I missed something?

Regards & Thanks,
David

You will get rid of them once the project is on a live server.

One thing to note: Once you name elements via “INFO HTML” -> name (shown in the tree) - you’ll have a

data-pg-name="whatever"

even in the live-project.

Cheers

Thomas

Thanks for your reply Thomas!
Can you please explain what you mean? Just need to know do I have to remove it my self is there some sort of export function? The documentation lacks important details.
Regards,
David

Ahm - you get rid of them “automagically” with no further action required. So you certainly do not have to do anything (at least I haven’t had to do anything in the past :-).

What I mean with the “one thing to note”, I’d like to illustrate in an image (bloody german - I know - but I think you’ll get the gist:

Cheers

Thomas

Thanks! Yes now I see in Sublime Text that the HTML page is untouched.
Regards,
David