Does Pinegrow has a Preview button with access to the local area network

Does Pinegrow has a Preview button with access to the local area network so that one can see a design even on a smart phone. Thanks.

@java woah! no one got back to you on this one , from MARCH?
ok! sorry about that.

well, Pinegrow runs its own internal web server… so when you hit Ctrl +B to see the preview in your browser,
Your browser is viewing a locally hosted website on your locally hosted web server -Pinegrows!

SO yes, anything else, on your network , which is given that local web address and the same port number (I think 40000 by default with Pinegrow) should be able to view the website you are developing/files Pinegrow is hosting.

1 Like

Pinegrow opens the website in 127.0.0.1:4000. This is a local address and not available on the network.

Is there any way to access the network address of your site? This would be really handy to mobile dev!

I replace 127.0.0.1 with the local ip of the machine… and i was able to open it in my mobile. I guess if it doesn’t work fir you, you probably have to set it in network preferences (in mac)

So, if your machine’s local ip is 192.168.1.4, the try opening 192.168.1.4:40000 in you mobile (connected to the same wifi)

1 Like

This worked. Thank you!

For those on Mac go to System Preferences > Network, click Wifi and your computer’s IP. Pinegrow then presented an acceptance message to allow this connection (handy). You may need to have the website running in the browser.

2 Likes