False Positive Detection in Pinegrow 7.92 Update

Dear Pinegrow Community,

We have recently received reports from some users regarding the detection of Trojan: Win32/Doplik in the Pinegrow update for Windows systems. We want to address this issue and assure you that it is a false positive.

At Pinegrow, we prioritize the security and integrity of our applications. Each release undergoes thorough testing and security checks to ensure a safe user experience. We are actively investigating the reported detections and working closely with Microsoft, as we always do, to resolve any false positives and maintain the trust of our users.

We understand that this may raise concerns, but we want to assure you that the reported detections are inaccurate. Our team is diligently working to address this issue and provide a secure environment for all Pinegrow users.

To verify the health and status of the update file, we encourage you to click on the “Antivirus checked” button on the download page. This will allow you to confirm that the file has been checked by various popular antivirus software and is safe to install.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or worry caused by this false positive detection. Your security and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are here to assist you and ensure a smooth and secure experience with Pinegrow.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support.

Note: In the past, we have encountered a similar situation and provided a response that included an interesting article about this topic. So while our setups have always been clean, unfortunately, it is not entirely excluded that false positive reports may occur again in the future.

3 Likes

Thought so. But my Defender deleted my download immediality. How can I install it?

And you can even report the file as safe if you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are you definitely running v7.92? I’m on a Mac and it’s showing up exactly as expected.

Ok, fixed it, just needed to accept modification in firewall.

1 Like

The only alert I got was an App name change (MacOS).

Thank you. I´ve reported the file and website as safe. You´ve used Edge to keep the download, that works. In Chrome there was no chance to keep the file.

2 Likes