Minor Bug when creating a new bootstrap page

I’ve been aware of this for some time but forgot to post.

When you create a new page with bootstrap index, the software adds container into the body

@Jack funny, I think of that as PG just trying to be helpful! Probably not helpful if you don’t want to limit the width of your layout though.

1 Like

lol I was wondering if that was a bug, or not? say if I create a blank bootstrap page without Pinegrow, there is no container added (obviously) , and i’ve never seen it added into a page with other software, although I was laughing when watching one of @matjaz video re master pages and noticed the lone container!

I like it, its one less click and drag to get started and even if I plan to go full width at some stage in a page I’ll use it so I tend not to delete it. If it’s a quirk of PG I think it should stay just “because”… :slight_smile:

Learn something new every day lol I always start a page full width. If I decide to build a website with a different layout, I use a DIV or Section, set the width to say 80-90%. Margin left: auto Margin right: auto and then build within the Div or Section.

I also set Container to width 100%, so it fits within the width of the Div or Section.

I need some sleep soon but I’m trying to put together a better custom bootstrap.css as part of my starter template.

mybootstrap.css - I’m running through all the components I use. Say for example I drop a container in the page, I use create rule, saving .container to mybootstrap.css - set the width to 100% and now everytime I drop a container into the page its full width.

Also with .navbar-default you can add 0 to border and 0 to radius removing the shadow and rounded border and I don’t ever have to use Important.

I’ll forgive Pinegrow for its bug or quirk as it makes this web development malarkey quite easy!

section
header
footer
div

Added them to my custom css all with min height set, padding and background image set to cover/center

This is all because I was reading an article on DRY (don’t repeat yourself) so I’m trying to clean up my workflow and avoid repeating CSS, as I find most of the above tend to use the same CSS.

I don’t think too many people think to just create a stylesheet for their customisations and tend to do it directly within BS stylesheets which would make it a pain to maintain. The easier thing in the world is to do as you’ve said and it offers great flexibility. You could also play with the Bootstrap customizer and use the css from that as a handy way to create your own look and feel.

1 Like

I got into the habit of creating styelsheets mainly because of my block building and if you want to export them, you need a stylesheet for that block.

I looked at the customizer before but I actually prefer keeping it as standard, loading my custom stylesheet and if I ever want to revert to the standard bootstrap stylesheet, I just remove my custom stylesheet.