Newbie question: can you use a wordpress bought out theme in pinegrow

I am a small businessman. I wish to make my own website with Top menu/pages and sidebar/ side menu. e.g. Top will display Home, About, Contact us, Products
Once I click Products, side bar should appear with product list/ tree so that I can click a product to view picture and specs.

Can I use readymade wordpress themes in pinegrow?
Any other suggestions please.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

are you a small businessman who want’s to learn how to code, or do you just want to run a website?

PG is going to be a steep learning curve and it sounds like you already know what you want the website to look like.

have you looked into the on-line website building options, like squarespace or wix?

Welcome to the forum.

No not presently, see the Pinegrow Wordpress FAQ’s page.

you can’t edit, modify or transform an existing WordPress theme (made of PHP templates) with Pinegrow or Pinegrow Theme Converter.

I don’t want to learn coding. Drag and drop will be Ok for me.
I already have a domain name registered in my name. And, also own space on a web hosting server. I will prefer offline website building.
Wix etc won’t allow me control and flexibility and offline saving or upload to my webhosting.
Are there readymade themes available for pinegrow?
Can I use drag and drop and some formatting in pinegrow and make a full website from scratch without coding?
Or will wordpress with elementor or similar be easier?

Please have a read through the documentation and watch some videos to understand whats possible.

I’d stay far away from Wix (aka rent-a-site.) Trying to build your own e-commerce website without any coding knowledge (or desire to learn) is going to be a challenge, even with Pinegrow’s visual tools and tutorials. If you truly want a discreet level of control over your e-commerce site and don’t want to touch code, Woocommerce with Wordpress is pretty much your only option. MAYBE Magento. I’m not an expert on e-commerce TBH.

I do web development for a living, and I’ve only ever used Volusion for e-commerce (and I hate it) but if I were to get a new e-commerce client, I’d probably take a strong look at Shopify, Squarespace or Big Commerce before I’d try and DIY with Woocommerce and Pinegrow.