PG WP Plugin update delay when an update is announced?

Hi,

I got the email with the new Pinegrow 7.5 but it’s not showing a new update for the Pinegrow WP Plugin in the WP dashboard.

I have tried “Check again” in the WordPress updates but that didn’t work.

Thanks
Guido

The WP plugin is on a different release cycle to the desktop app so 1.0.10 is still the latest version. Previously it wasn’t long before the WP plugin got an update but it’s not a given.

3 Likes

@Guido @sitestreet Pinegrow WP Plugin update 1.0.11 is out now as well.

2 Likes

Hi @matjaz

This time i waited for the confirmation :wink:

So i got the email last Wednesday that says the updates are now available in the plugin:

But i don’t see an update to the plugin in the back-end. Also not after Check again.

Thanks
Guido

Hi @matjaz

I have the same issue as i reported in dec. Version 1.0.18 is out now but the update isn’t showing on any of my websites that we used the pinegrow plugin on.

The last time i updated all websites manually from 1.0.16 to 1.0.17. Before that i had no issues with the updates.

We keep building more and more with the pinegrow plugin so updating manually is not really an option.

Can you please look into to this?

Thanks
Guido

Hello @Guido,

Thank you very much for the feedback. As previously explained when the question was asked about the desktop version, it is not a “bug” with the update feature but rather a Jedi trick :slight_smile:

As usual, for peace of mind, we have delayed triggering auto updates in case some issues arise, giving us time to fix them before ALL customers receive the update.

It should be okay now for the plugin.

Pro Tip: Before updating all your services using the plugin, and even though we take the utmost care to provide quality updates, as with any plugin, it is advisable to update one site first and allow a quarantine period before proceeding with the global update on all your sites.

Hi @Emmanuel

Haha :wink: But no it has nothing to do with the delayed update. Last time i never received an update in the backend. Although it says that there is an update in the top bar. But Pinegrow is not showing it.

I have the same issue now:

1. it says there is an update in the top bar:

2. It says there is an update in the sidebar at plugins:

3. Then i look at my plugins and se nothing. Also nothing on Pinegrow:

4. In updates nothing shows:

Now i update the Pinegrow plugin manually and all above notifications about an update is gone. But i have to do it manually since it never shows up anywhere. It sees an update but it is not showing it anywhere.

I had the exact same issue last time. Before 1.0.16 i never had this issue.

Guido

@Guido I use the plugin on many instances, of course, and I have never encountered this issue. However, with this additional information, we will certainly investigate further.

If other users encounter the same problem (so far, no feedback in the support inbox), they should not hesitate to report it so that we can gather the necessary information.

1 Like

Hi @Emmanuel

Great thanks! I have a blueprint WordPress setup that still has the 1.0.17 version. The same issue there. I can give you access to it if that is helpful?

Thanks
Guido

Dear @Guido , it seems that in some situations, this issue could arise, and I’m happy to announce that it is now fixed.

But you will still need to manually download the latest corrected version of the setup one last time.

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: for your perseverance in bringing this issue to our attention! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi @Emmanuel

Great thanks! Good to hear :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes