Pinegrow Web Editor 7.4 is out, bringing you:

• CSS Tree Inspector, beta version
  • Exporting theme.json with WordPress themes
  • Improved Tailwind Class Tree Inspector
  • Quick access to AI Assistant commands and referenced elements
  • Bug fixes

Check out the release guide for details on how to use the new features:

Learn more & download »

Pinegrow Web Editor 7.4 is a free update if your license is still valid for updates.

If your license is out of date, you can easily renew it.

Pinegrow WordPress Plugin 1.0.10

Pinegrow WordPress Plugin update with these same improvements (except the CSS Tree Inspector which is a desktop-only feature for now) is available for download.

HTML Presentation Maker tutorial

Learn how to create HTML presentations using Pinegrow’s AI Assistant and a collection of slide templates. See how you can extend the tool with your own slide templates or even use it to create your own AI powered content creator app.

A fresh batch of Adam Lowe’s videos

Here are the latest Adam’s videos about using Pinegrow to tackle real-word web development projects:

Have a great day!
Matjaz and the Pinegrow Team

5 Likes

The CSS inspector is great! The only problem I have right now is that it’s in a popup which gets in the way. Can this feature live in the style panel below the “Visual Editor”? That way I can collapse the Visual Editor and use this as my primary source to edit CSS in the UI. -Thanks!

@jonroc we could have a similar solution as we have for the Tailwind Class tree, where Visual Editor and the Tree inspector can be toggled (either one is shown, but not both).
In cases where both tools are needed, the Tree inspector can be opened in a floating panel. Would that work?

BTW. Great to receive some feedback on the new CSS Tree Inspector. We have not gotten a lot of feedback so far and I was wondering if it fits the needs of our users.

I’ve been using the Tailwind class tree lately and love its speed and ease of use. Right now, in another project, I’m also using the CCS Tree Inspector. And I like it, but I agree with jonroc: the pop-up is not ideal. It would be nice if it could be docked somehow.

And I want to let you guys know at Pinegrow that you’re doing a great job. Love the new stuff you’ve brought to Pinegrow in the latest releases - e.g. the theme.json, the CSS and Tailwind Class Tree, the AI improvements (thanks for the AI presentation example). And many thanks for all the ticket support - it’s always competent and to the point.

4 Likes

@matjaz it sounds like that will work b/c when I’m using the class inspector, I won’t be using the Visual Editor as much. I think I could get away without using the style panel at all and only use the class inspector if you added a delete option to the properties. From time to time I may want to toggle back to the Visual Editor but it would be infrequent.

The main thing is to get it into one of the panels somehow, even if it’s a separate pannel of its own like the style and properties pannel. -Thanks!

1 Like

@jonroc you can delete the props already by clicking on its value setting it to empty string. Not ideal, will find a better way.

1 Like

That works for me; I just didn’t intuit that. -Thanks!

Hi.
has anyone got PG v 7.x to launch and run on OS X 10.13 high sierra?

ive just got a 2010 27" iMac (I found and repaired) and hardware limitation dictates it cant go any higher wrt OS.

PG launches but,is invisible/no windows.
Icon is visible in dock, but thats it.

deleted, reinstalled, deleted profile etc.

PG 6.8 launches and runs fine, but thats it.
7.05, 7.6 no dice.

its the largest screen I have and PG takes up some eyeball real estate so it would be great to be able to use this with PG and all its panels

Support is only offfered for PG on OSX 12/13 so no point contacting them but thought Id try forum-but cant find references to PG launching with no windows.-which Im pretty sure Ive seen before, but forum search results aint so helpful.

Ive tried a terminal graphics acceleration disabling for node that I found on here , it returned some, er, info I guess. no idea what it was though.But it still didnt launch.

it launches fine on an older (2009) 21" imac which has a hacked Mojave/DosDude OSX installer employed.

so has anyone got it to run, in any particular methodology/mode or if not,
what has been the big change between 6.x and 7.x versions which prevents it launching any windows, if anyone knows.

cheers.

Ok, just launched the nwjs executable from the PG package and the terminal window which launched showed this.

Ians-iMac:~ schpengle$ /Applications/Pinegrow_7.05.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs ; exit;
[652:775:0830/125017.161841:ERROR:iopm_power_source_sampling_event_source.cc(31)] IOPMPowerSource service not found
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Applications/Pinegrow_7.05.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs Framework.framework/Versions/107.0.5304.88/libnode.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Applications/Pinegrow_7.05.app/Contents/Frameworks/nwjs Framework.framework/Versions/107.0.5304.88/libnode.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Received signal 6
[0x0001147492e2]
[0x0001146a51c3]
[0x000114749231]
[0x7fff5a312f5a]
[0x0001104f657d]
[0x000110522bf5]
[0x0001104f6482]
[0x0001104f65a9]
[0x7fff5a004292]
[0x00011f8dec00]
[0x00011e064711]
[0x00011e1a8b87]
[0x000119d5609c]
[0x000119d567b3]
[0x00011420a842]
[0x00011420b467]
[0x000114209ceb]
[0x000114209f0b]
[0x000110593485]
[0x00010ec219bc]
[0x7fff5a004015]
[end of stack trace]
[0830/125019.599633:WARNING:process_memory_mac.cc(93)] mach_vm_read(0x7ffee0fde000, 0x2000): (os/kern) invalid address (1)

so is it built for 10.15 only, is that the issue? as I think the plist min OS goes way back.
Or is it something else/fixable/volunteer to build it for this OS and see what else blows up /different version of node ? etc

Hiall, so any takers on this problem/sensible advice?

mmm.
ok.
well i didnt want to bother fevs with this, as only latest versions of Mac OS supported, but any advice/suggestions @matjaz ?

and Happy Travels :slight_smile: