Tutorial - Using CodePen Pens with Pinegrow

Hi All,
This tutorial is now available from: https://pinegrow.com/tutorials/using-codepen-components-in-pinegrow-projects/

Feel free to make comment or ask any questions!

3 Likes

Thanks, Bob. This was SUPER helpful. Helps me “get” codepen. (PLUS learn how to use it in Pinegrow.) Appreciate your effort in creating this.

Long-winded version: Appreciate your explaining of details to make it easily understood by code-noobies like me. I usually stay in the shallow end of the code pool, hugging closely to the edge when I reach the places where my feet no longer touch bottom. Usually in shear terror, nose barely above water. I’ve noticed CodePen floating around out there in the deep end. Maybe now I can attempt to dog-paddle over and at least touch it for a second.

3 Likes

If it’s any comfort SilverT, I think any professional basically has the same fear as you do, it’s just normal if you’re working with code on a regular basis. It does stuff we also don’t understand fully yet, but we get really good at coping with it :slight_smile:

Keep paddling, small rivers, then oceans

1 Like

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the tutorial, an excellent tool to save time.
Just one question about its use:

Does it work with the purpose of using only one snippet per component file?

I placed three snippets together and tried to save them as a library.js component, but it would only save the latest snippet that I added to the group, so the only option I found to have more than one, was saving one snippet at a time and create multiple independent snippets.

Is there a way to create groups of snippets?

Hi @arpagrow,
How did you save your library/add HTML? You should be able to add as many snippets as you want. You just right-click the HTML you want to save, select “Add as HTML snippet” and then save all. To retrieve your library you go to “Manage Libraries & Plugins…” under the File menu.
Cheers,
Bob

Hello Bob,

It works beautifully,

I was just assuming that the snippet library activation would take effect on a per-project basis, my mistake.

I activated the library file per HTML file, and it works great.

Thanks again for the video, and support!! :slight_smile: