What's cooking in version 6?

Get ready to do (a lot) more, with less UI …
Did you guys clean the UI? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MONACOOOOOO… YES YES YES… :star_struck:

As per release notes - Pinegrow Web Editor 6 – June 10, 2021 | Pinegrow Web Editor (link to the intro blog post in the release notes is missing the hyperlink @Emmanuel)

Pinegrow Web Editor 6 – June 10, 2021

Design panel – Floating tools – Replace colors – Move up and down – Tree auto collapse – CSS fields – Monaco code editor and more.

See Introducing Pinegrow 6 for details - Introducing Pinegrow Web Editor 6 | Pinegrow Web Editor

1 Like

Wow, awesome Upgrade!!! :star_struck:

I have just only one wish :relaxed: is it possible to integrate the „Manage Fonts…“-Function into the Style Tab? I often work with Plain Html and Wordpress. And this would be awesome!

3 Likes

Hi @Johnny,
Do you mean to handle non-Google fonts?
Cheers,
Bob

2 Likes

OK, everything is insane, but i saw one thing that should be. Floating tools should have SPACING and PADDING options. These two functions are very, very important for editing page.

EDIT: The more time im checking and using new features my face smiling larger :slight_smile: Cool upgrade!

Exactly :slightly_smiling_face:
either that, or downloaded google fonts.

3 Likes

create and remove links easily! simple but yet time-saving feature. Thanks!

2 Likes

@szymon spacing and padding for which framework?

1 Like

@RobM PineGrow Bootstrap - it’s extremly needed for fast organize page visually. And will be cool if in tailwind will be that option :wink:

BTW: i love this PAINT mode - with selected padding and margin will be much easier to edit

1 Like

Looks cool… did people request these features? I just can’t wait until SCSS is fully supported with nesting, @includes @meda, and an easy way to find CSS rules in ATOM which I use because of its versatility.

Hi @jonroc,
I’m not a Sass expert, but I think Pinegrow supports at least some of what you are requesting already - maybe I’m mistaken. Nesting seems to be supported.
So this will work:
`

nav {
  ul {
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    list-style: none;
  }

li { display: inline-block; }

a {
    display: block;
    padding: 6px 12px;
    text-decoration: none;
  }
}

and so will this:
`

@mixin reset-list {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  list-style: none;
}

@mixin horizontal-list {
  @include reset-list;

li {
    display: inline-block;
    margin: {
      left: -2px;
      right: 2em;
    }
  }
}

nav ul {
  @include horizontal-list;
}

Not sure what your third SCSS item is - ‘@media’?
Cheers,
Bob

Hi! Yes, they have partial support but it’d be great if we could create nesting with the UI (like how it creates old-style css). @include breakpoint { this is a custom breakpoint function we made and css goes here } is one example of an @include that we can’t access via the UI (clicking on the content inside is not allowed). Similarly, it’s very nice to nest your @meda in the parent. It would look like this but this is also not supported b/c you can’t click on the content inside the nested @media:

.foo {
    color: black;
    @media (min-width: 20em) {
        color: gray;
    }
}