*Word Style* Doc to WebSite builder, free for 3 days

umm, been there, done that :slight_smile:

Do you remember VRML?
The Next big thing , that never was?

The funny thing is, I’m STILL Looking or a way to replicate that experience! I think its a fantastic idea, to move though a virtual space, the same way we do through a physical one, in order to navigate/view things.

Here you go, for you young guys :slight_smile:

…and if you want to go wild and crazy with this stuff…

TADA!!

https://www.x3dom.org

however, I DID once see an awesome 3d animation of a barrel…in a room on the web… done totally with CSS>

lets see if I can find it again… YES!!!

Damn, I’m good.
I first saw this a few years ago and it sort of blew my (tiny) mind (as would a good sneeze.)
but, check this out for fun and education.

Remember kids, DO try this at home.

Anyway< this post has now gone completely off Pisté but, its still interesting.
The first free at the moment app, brought up the whole

disempower the creatives by barring them from sharing their ideas and information, with a technological barrier

which KIND OF… isn’t ACTUALLY IMPORTANT to the content really, is it?
I too look at the output of the program and run screaming to wash my eyes out, however, that’s because I TOO have bought into the whole CORRECT way of creating a website.

But really, for creative types to HAVE TO learn to code , when that is soooo not in their make up, just in order to express their ideas, is akin to Mechanics having to be Honour student level metallurgists, before they are allowed to pick up a spanner (and know JUST HOW IT IS MADE in order to create yet another GREAT TOOL.) -before they are allowed to follow their passion and WORK ON YOUR CAR! or THIER OWN.

We would all be waiting at bus stops, with our cars broken to down, scattered all over the place like seagull poo if that was the case.

So, this did make me think.
the CONCEPT behind this program (cough) and its application are GREAT!
but I look at the output and go EW!!!

Then realise, in pursuit too, of correctness and ALL the things we are taught (well, teach ourselves in most cases, from peers who have ALSO bought into it.)

Best practice, WHILE being best practice… isolates those creative crazy’s from the web and stops it once again looking like the 90’s (well, this app is doing its best to resurrect those heady days)

But, don’t you remember how EXCITING and FUN those times were?
(shhh. don’t mention frustration and browser wars and and and… etc)

Now?
We have Bootstrap… that God Aweful sameness
I’m so pleased every site follows a norm (icon top left… nav… accessibility … MASSIVE WASTE OF SPACE jumbotron… 3 columns OOOH SHINY… pricing variations…oh god…make it stop already… colour coordinated footer…oh my god…make it stop,

SO, yes, I have a love/hate relationship with all of this , and this er fine (oh my poor eyes) product kind of highlights that.

So, even though its output both rendered and in code is AARGH!!

I kind of like the ethos (and ability to mange things remotely I mean! come on! what’s not to like about this?)

AH, all fun stuff eh?

Anyway, apart from the thought provoking thing that this app brought about by making me question the standards and how they stifle creativity, has anyone here ever done much with VRML or its follow ups>?

IF so, care to share?

We had to make 3D rooms when I was in Uni and make navigation areas in there (ie, book cases, to take you to content library etc - believe me, a link is a LOT quicker to create!)

So, what do. you guys think?