Wp starter theme bugs?

Hi there,
I tried to use the wp starter theme in pinegrow 4 and i got some issues.Have not really played around with the starter theme so i don’t know if any of the bugs are supposed to work like this or if they are really bugs.

1. When i install the theme in wordpress i have 2 required plugins (jetpack and functionality plugin)
    Functionality plugin gives this error Installing Plugin: WordPress Functionality Plugin
    Downloading installation package from https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcvbkrqopsjtixo/wordpress-functionality-plugin_1.2.zip?dl=1…
    Unpacking the package…
    The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

2.When i add a new page to the theme in pinegrow such as woocommerce the theme is still using the default store template that comes with woocommerce, is it not supposed to override that when i add a woocommerce page from pinegrow? If i change anything in pinegrow woocommerce page nothing is showing in the theme on my localhost wordpress export.

Hello @beatngu,

1. Sorry, for the inconvenience, the file is missing due to an unfortunate cleaning action …
    From the functions.php file, find the following code and change the URL leading to the plugin to this one: http://docs.pinegrow.com/wp-content/uploads/wordpress-functionality-plugin_1.2.zip

function pg_starter_register_required_plugins() {
    $plugins = array(
    array(
    ‘name’ => ‘WordPress Functionality Plugin’, // The plugin name.
    ‘slug’ => ‘wordpress-functionality-plugin’, // The plugin slug (typically the folder name).
    ‘source’ => ‘https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcvbkrqopsjtixo/wordpress-functionality-plugin_1.2.zip?dl=1’, // The plugin source.

Like this

function pg_starter_register_required_plugins() {
	$plugins = array(
		array(
			'name'               => 'WordPress Functionality Plugin', // The plugin name.
			'slug'               => 'wordpress-functionality-plugin', // The plugin slug (typically the folder name).
      'source'             => 'http://docs.pinegrow.com/wp-content/uploads/wordpress-functionality-plugin_1.2.zip', // The plugin source.
  1. The layout of the starter theme templates is basic and the CSS styling is minimal so that you can easily customize it. There is nothing specific for WooCommerce except a default template to bootstrap the development (and it’s a good help to understand how to proceed for more complex templates).

Best regards.

1 Like

About woocommerce , that’s the problem i can’t customize it in pinegrow.
If i try to change the text colour or do anything else it’s not updating.

The woocommerce plugin is using the default store template that comes with the plugin.
When i export the theme from pinegrow is it not supposed to override the default store template(page) from woocommerce?

If it’s not then i see no reason why it’s even in the starter theme because then you need to style it from url or just use google developer tools and style it and then add the styling to wordpress admin panel under custom css.

When i export the theme from pinegrow the woocommerce.php file is saved in the root of the theme but should it not be saved under plugins/woocommerce so its overwriting the default woocommerce.php ??

WooCommerce template is just a very tiny part of the Starter Theme with not a lot of “flexibility”. We use the most basic integration. from the official documentation.

If you follow the WooCommerce documentation, you should find pretty everything you need to create and customize more powerful templates.

Still, we have (currently) nothing related to WooCommerce in Pinegrow WordPress actions.

Still, we have (currently) nothing related to WooCommerce in Pinegrow WordPress actions.

ooh! now THATS exciting.
I was wondering about things ike that, ie, adding paypal buttons, with the possibility to edit the attributes etc in PG interface.
or other shop items, or add to basket sort of javascript code, with a PG menu like create new shop item
in the library or suchlike.

More of a #feature-request item I guess but that hint above is exciting :slight_smile: