<crtl> Z not working

I can’t understand how a product like this can go to market with the most basic and essential function not working. Wasted hours on a page and then accidently deleted a portion of HTML - whole page is ******* and cannot undo.

What a waste of time and money. No one can take this product seriously.

I’m using PG 4.3 and Ctrl Z works fine and as far as I know always has done.

Sorry, I didn’t clarify - edits in the HTML window cannot be undone.

Using Win 10, Pinegrow 4.3 PRO

You’re right. Never noticed that before.

Bit of a major oversight quite honestly needs a quick fix.

I’d recommend emailing support direct an there seems to be very little company involvement in these forums.

Hi there guys, well, it DOES work… to undo, but something is not quite right.
Or I don’t understand the process.

several others have mentioned this and the Devs are looking into it.
if you open one index. html and edit/create/delete, then hit CMD+Z then it undoes, and CMD+Shift+Z … it redoes.
this is Mac YMMV

and if you open a style sheet too and edit that, you can undo/redo that.

But, I have noticed some confusion in Pinegrow, when I have multiple page code views and CSS style sheets open, am also dragging and dropping and editing in the visual editor… it seems to not notice which is the focused item - or I dont!

And I am hitting CMD+Z and wondering why the hell nothing is undoing when… I’m actually undoing a different file!

ALSO… I have noticed that, if I undo undo undo undo… then make a change… I can see the undo history, labelled in Pinegrow history! Tres Cool!

But if go BACK some undoes, make a change and then save… well like any other program (I think) the undo history, dissapears/clears from that save on.
This is what I have found anyway

Don’t complicate the issue. Open a new EMPTY html page. Delete something the html window and press ^z - is says “nothing to undo”. This is a major major *****.

I spent hours working on a page and accidentally deleted a chunk of html - the page was ruined and no way undo the mistake.

With real professional software the undo function is universal.

Not Complicating, clarifying some other pointers I have found to assist yourself and others get to the bottom of it, let you know that something like this has been noted by devs, you are not alone,

and to explain that if you have spent HOURS working on something WITHOUT saving, then you need to seriously look at your development process.

But, that when you save, it seems to wipe the undo history from that point on

And stop swearing!

I work on lots of other software for HOURS and ^Z still works - no need to swear there.

Maybe, we should call this a feature of this great software :slight_smile:

Can’t understand someone actually supporting what is clearly a******** in the software they use ???

I just made this to show how it does work, when it works.
but then, as I was making it, I too had the no undo history appear.

I had to close Pinegrow, then re open, then it was working again.
yes, a bit of a feature

that is hitting cmd+z and shift+cmd+z to go throught the undo.redo cycle.
mac, pinegrow 4.3

1 Like

:slight_smile: lets hope this get fixed PDQ and we can all resume enjoying Pinegrow

@Raj Thanks for your feedback. We read you and the team is investigating the situation.
Note: Please do not use rude words in your messages. This is a first warning.

Hi there,

Is this undo problem supposed to be fixed ?
I use PG 4.8 and undo still seems a lot unstable. No rude word but its a serious problem.