Starting a NON-responsive blank webpage, HTML or Bootstrap?

Hi @Thomas Thomas,

Does this exceed what you expected that they are making a comeback, are you surprised with the announcement?

Now that can continue further it seems. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually it sounds like you never were really looking for a ā€œweb editorā€ as traditionally intended, but rather more of a GUI based WYSIWYG designer instead.

Perhaps by ā€œprimitiveā€ you instead meant ā€œadvancedā€ for your current knowledge given your claim to ā€œknow so little of the actual codingā€ after 16 years. Sure the current Pinegrow UI/UX does not easily afford those with certain types of thinking to comprehend the workflow easily, especially when coupled with the user needing to know CSS, HTML, etc.,

But with Pinegrow v3 that may be somewhat eased for users with the new features (drag/drop), new UI, etc. So keep an eye out for Pinegrow v3 and what it potentially brings. Even if it would someday help you with your HTML/CSS/etc., learning process, or you actually need a ā€œweb editorā€ in the future.

Let us know how you like Sparkle if you indeed go that route. Perhaps with Freeways rebirth you can continue down that path as well.

1 Like

Thatā€™s an interesting question indeed.

To be honest, a comeback is the last thing Iā€™ve expected ever. So Iā€™m very surprised.
It seems, that they plan a minor upgrade (bug fix) first. FreewayPro is, as is at the end of its possibilities of maintenance and developing. It needs to be re-written from the very first line. But this will happen - and Iā€™m certainly anxious to know how and when. Weā€™ll see.

Well - basically, I see myself in a comfortable situation. Pinegrow is on top of what I did all those years before. It allows me doing things which were impossible before. Iā€™m a web designer - I donā€™t need necessarily applications doing the magic.

The ideal application would be a consequent mixture of them both - Pinegrow and FreewayPro. An application which allows amateurs (as you) taking a lil bit part in a profession you donā€™t really understand and as well featuring the experts and pros evolving the web and making it a better a place every day.

Cheers

Thomas

1 Like

OMG!!! YES!!!

I had no idea until I saw this post! I am saved! Hell, frigginā€™ YES!!! Now to learn Adobeā€™s Animate CC! I think learning Animate would far more useful to me than learning code.

Now I see no need to purchase Sparkle and so the Softpress announcement came just in time! Yes!

I will be keeping an eye out on Pinegrow though and this forum.

Thanks to everyone here!

Cheers!

I get the felling the Freeway people are excited. :wink:

With Animate, much like Flash before it, the true power and capabilities are in ones ability to leverage code. You may also be interested in Tumult Hype if you are not yet familiar with it.