Animate objects as you scroll the web site

@fredphoesh, yes, sorry about that other commentator.
He is German and does have an eclectic sense of humour that doesn’t always translate well- it was probably meant to be funny… over there.

And, I too am over 50 and and have a life that constantly blows apart and an endless list of techie tasks so know exactly what you mean.

After years of doing this, I am probably still at the advanced beginner/intermediate stage of all this.
but then, a new technology/framework/dancing bear comes out, while I was away doing something and Lo!
I’m back to square 2.5…2…etc

Which I why I couldn’t give a more useful response that too pick up on and highlIght the style of one of the other commentators response to you. He’s usually reasonable so will probably explain it.

And, funnily enough, has been creating a framework of his own, using…animations. so he could have probably given you a bit more useful advice.

His framework, using animations is here
https://clients.updog.co/Reginald-theMagicGrid/index.html

and you can find comments about it in the forum
here

Also, the dev behind the Animator and Animator Pro plugins that @Pinegrow_User listed are one and the same
Animator came out first , is on GitHub and is free and the Pro version is the paid, advanced version -
And both are written by someone who then went on to become one of the 3 Pinegrow Dev team.

N.B. I DON’T know if animator plugin works with Pinegrow 4. I wouldn’t think so, as Animator Pro had to be updated from 1.2 to 2.0 in order to work with PG 3 and 4. so I wouldn’t think you would get anywhere with it tbh.

that is @MhdAljuboori who is great and very helpful -when you can catch him as he is, like the others, always very busy.

You, can for instance, in Pinegrow, Open by URL and then look at
http://animator-pro.mhdaljuboori.me

in Pinegrow. WITHOUT ANIMATOR PRO PLUGIN INSTALLED,

Over on the right, lower section, in the visual editor part, you will see the headlines for some things,like
transform and display highlighted in blue - this means there is something active in them.

you can then look at these, and see what attribute/value pairs are set for these animated things in the style sheets.

Note, quite often, its not the animated object you need to check it, its the ONE ABOVE IT. the container, which contains a certain class. I could be wrong, but thats why I found (im not a pro)

now, WITH ANIMATOR PRO PLUGIN INSTALLED>

…Im trying to find this at the moment :slight_smile: will update this shortly to show how and where that information appears. when I find it myself!

ok, that wasn’t so straight forward I had to install the plugin to show you, and installed the older one (1.2) by mistake and couldn’t view the animator plugin fields in PG, as it doesn’t work with PG 4

so, thats fixed. I havnet done it since upgrading to 4.6.

right, here you go, this is HOW you would obtain the effects on the Animator pro plugin website… using the
Animator pro Plugin in Pinegrow :slight_smile:

So that is how it all looks in order to fire it up with no coding, as you require.

HOWEVER… you STILL need to know the values, parameters you want to tweak etc.
I also don’t know all those, so someone else would be better to help you from here, but hopefully that has laid the groundwork (once you learn how to install the plugin that is)

1 Like