Custom Post Type Classic WP Editor

Hello, I apologise for having another issue here. I reckon the lads have grown tired of my posts :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I don’t know if its on my end or not. The issue is with custom post types. Specifically the Wordpress function Register Post Type within Pinegrow. I was following one of Adam’s tutorials on Youtube till I ran into this issue. My custom post type is named ‘Menu’s’. I appears on the menu bar as it should but the only issue is that once I click on ‘New Menu’ the next page is in the classic Gutenberg editor. Not the new version. I am running 6.1. I hardcode a custom post type and I have the latest Gutenberg editor with no issues. What am I missing here? I see in functions.php rest_api => true. I obviously have the box ticked as you can see in the screenshot. Is there a method to connect a current custom post type I have coded myself to content in Pinegrow or is it best I hardcode it?

Hi there.
Out of my depth here but have you tried it with
Menus
Instead of Menu s?

I’m not sure (ie, have no idea) if that will make a difference but I did notice Adam posting about Gutenberg blocks haveing issues with

here

…yes, for something else, but maybe a quick check?

…while you’re waiting for a competent adult to show up…

@schpengle Did you just tag me in a post and say something about a “competent adult?” c’mon… you should know better!

The only thing you are missing is to tell it to support the editor. Without that, you get the old classic-style page.

1 Like

Well… worth a try weren’t it? :smiley:
And… if that little clicky tickbox type additon is all she needs… jobs a good un.

SO, I MIGHT…just have got the wrong reason,
BUT…
I PROBABLY… got the right person…involved :smiley:

not sure about the adult bit though either :wink:

hee hee hee… the end justifies the means.

Probably … the best…

3 Likes

Hi @schpengle I did try that myself but no luck.Thank you though. Are you on the drink sir? lol :grinning:

adamslowe thank you for your lovely videos I’ve learnt very much from them indeed. I was driving home from work through mad Irish mountain roads and it did occur to me I may need to add a specific field. And that was the remedy, once I added the ‘Editor’ field I finally had the new Gutenberg editor. Your a proper gent, many thanks for your wisdom. I feel like a bit of an eejit for not trying that myself :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yay!
Job done!
and yes! Mint tea!
The Mother of all Thermos flasks full of it here… gonna be a long night of visits to the little house on the prairie I think.
And hows the Emerald Isle for snow atm?

We have the sneachta in higher elevations like were I live. Mint tea I don’t believe you so I don’t :joy:

1 Like

Hic… tis Lies
Well, not too high here, (South Wales) but snow around my horsies feestses.

Welsh… the Irish who Couldn’t swim

1 Like