Error while exporting Block Plugin [WP Plugin]

I use a freshly installed local WP 6.1.1 with WP Engine Local: nginx, PHP 8.19.
I just tried the WP Plugin and try to export the default “About Me” plugin. I got an error: Unknown error
In the console is this error:
POST http://pluginstest.local/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

Then I switched to PHP 7.4 and exporting plugin now shows error: incompatible_archive_empty
Console shows no error, but this message:
EXPORT DONE incompatible_archive_empty

In both cases there is no plugin in the dashboard.

1 Like

Same problem. I can’t export my cool_blocks plugin
even after deleting the whole wordpress site

Same issue for me. Cannot export the cool_blocks plugin. I receive a fatal unknown error and the plugin does not show up. I tried to trick it by downloading the plugin and uploading it myself, but it doesn’t work that way either.

I am using WP local as well. Same setup: WP 6.1.1, nginx, PHP 8.1.9.

Thanks for reporting this. The 1.0.1 with logging of the export process is coming soon and it will help us see and fix whatever is going on.

2 Likes

If it helps, I made it to the “make elements editable” lesson, and my export error was: “This is not a Pinegrow project. Use Pinegrow Settings - “Do not check if the project was exported by Pinegrow” to export projects created with the beta version of Pinegrow plugin.” I never had a beta version.

Fresh WP 6.1.1 install on local dev, PHP 8.08, Apache

I wasn’t able to get any further yet, but I did just get a random popup stating:

“Expired beta version. Thank you for testing the Pinegrow beta version! This version of the public beta has expired. Please update the plugin to the latest version, if the beta program is still active. Otherwise, update to the latest release version.”

I downloaded the plugin from the payment page link today.

@lgx thanks, I will push an 1.0.1 update in about an hour. The old message from beta was left in the code.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@xokko, @Lapos, @lgx, @mike1096 please update to Pinegrow plugin 1.0.1 and then generate the export log and paste it here or send it to support@pinegrow.com.

Thanks for your help!

Export starter… apiValidated.
getCurrentUser and settings.
true
Got project post with ID 67
Deleted the project error log.
true
Require the file system…
Done.
Getting the FS instance…
true
Checking if this is a PG project…
ERROR - It is not and check is not disabled.

I tried the WP Plugin on my remote server (Linux, nginx, PHP 7.4) and it worked. After update to PHP 8.2 I had to enable “Overwriting non-Pinegrow projects” to export plugin. Why?

But now to my Local server…
You disabled the right click and also Ctrl+C does not work. I had to use DevTools to copy the log. Maybe add a button to copy the log?
Here is the log:

Export starter...
apiValidated.
getCurrentUser and settings.
true
Got project post with ID 37
Deleted the project error log.
true
Require the file system...
Done.
Getting the FS instance...
true
Checking if this is a PG project...
working_dir = C:\Windows\TEMP/export-0zLlXwL6f5
Here is the list of exported files:
--- blocks/about-me/about-me_register.php
--- blocks/about-me/about-me.js
--- inc/wp_pg_helpers.php
--- inc/wp_pg_blocks_helpers.php
--- blocks/pg-blocks-controls.js
--- blocks/pg-blocks-controls.css
--- inc/custom.php
--- about_me.php
--- about-me.css

Plugin file will be about-me.php
Files written.
Pinegrow signature file created.
Requesting class-wp-upgrader.php
backup_dir = C:\Users\xokko\Local Sites\pluginstest\app\public/wp-content/plugins/about-me__pg_backup
Getting Upgrader instance...
Upgrader->install_package...

It’s Windows 10. Maybe the different slashes ( / \ ) are a problem?
In the Temp directory is only one file “.exported_by_pinegrow”.

1 Like

I wonder if you haven’t hit it on the head with your observation about the different slashes in the path.

1 Like

I’m having the same error, “Project export failed: This is not a Pinegrow project”. I’m working through the Build your first custom Gutenberg block tutorials. It exported correctly for the first 6 or 7 tutorials but now won’t export.

Here is the export log:

Export starter... apiValidated. getCurrentUser and settings. true Got project post with ID 88 Deleted the project error log. true Require the file system... Done. Getting the FS instance... true Checking if this is a PG project... ERROR - It is not and check is not disabled.

1.0.2 (out now) fixes the issue with the “Not a PG project” error. Please update and report back.

3 Likes

Yeaaaa! It’s working now! Thank you for your hard work and efforts.

2 Likes

Yes, it works now, thanks @matjaz , now you can go relax by the pool! :wink:

1 Like

Perfect! Finally can go hiking tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hooray! Thank you so much for this speedy update! Everything is working smoothly now and I am absolutely loving this plugin!

2 Likes

OK, it works now. I just had to close all and reload.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Working at my end now, thank you.

2 Likes