Installing Pinegrow 7.xxx on Windows 10 error

Good day,

Ever since Pinegrow release 7.x I can’t install the latest version on my Windows 10 PC.

Whenever I click to run the installation file a window pops up stating “This program requires Windows Service Pack 1 or later

I’ve trouble shooted and followed some of the suggestions i.e. do some regedits etc. but without any success to get around this issue.

Anyone else had this issue and managed to solve it?

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Pierre

Service pack in Windows 10? That sounds pretty strange to me.
Did you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 by doing the upgrade without a clean installation of Windows 10?

In any case, I can’t think of anything useful to recommend. Is the system up to date? Could you send a screenshot of the screen that comes up when you type “Run” > winver from the Start menu? Have you tried running the installation in compatibility mode for Windows 7?

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Windows 10 (V22H2, OS Build 19045.3693) for the last couple of years and has never had any issues installing Pinegrow.

Since Pinegrow v7.xxx it displays this message and also the icon’s have changed to something I’ve never seen. I’ve checked that it is not associated with any other program etc.

Any other ideas?

p.s. just tested and I can install other programs without any issue :thinking:

Right-click on the Pinegrow installation file.
Open “Properties” > “compatibility” tab and remove the checkmark from “Run the program in Windows 7 compatibility mode.” Sure enough, this is it.

Thanks for the reply.

I did check and none of the files have compatability mode switched on, even logged in as Admin in case there was an permissions issue on my normal user account.

Unfortunately I’m getting the same error.

Looks like I will have to do the HD formating and re-install of Windows during the holidays. Have been putting it of for the last 2 years.

Any how, will revert back once I have it sorted out and can install PG 7.xxx

Rather contact Pinegrow staff by email, providing them with the details of your problem and your customer license. Perhaps they could provide you with another installer that does not rely on Inno setup.