Navigation to 5 levels in Bootstrap 5

I am new to Pinegrow and have started with Bootstrap 5. I am testing Pinegrow out to see how straightforward it is to manage a 150 html/1,500 pdf page web site that requires 5-6 levels for a navigation menu.

I have not discovered where information is hiding for navigation levels. I realize this is tied with Master pages, but from what I can tell, multiple navigation levels is a problem. Where is information for navigation menus or is there a problem with top - parent - same level - child and anchors?

Thanks

Hi @Richard,
Pinegrow allows you to do anything you would with HTML. I’m not positive I understand your question, but there isn’t anything built-in for making multi-level menus for any framework. However, this can be coded in Bootstrap 5 using various nav-items and dropdowns from the Library panel. Here is a link to an example. Let me know if I understood your question or missed something.
Cheers,
Bob

Thanks for responding Rob.

As I noted in another stream, I am a newbie with Pinegrow, Bootstrap, and web building and am transitioning off of an old Serif Webplus 8 web building program. The serif program required no knowledge of html or word press to achieve a good product. Navigation menus were particularly easy.

What I glean from your note is that dragging and dropping a bootstrap 5 nav-menu and placing it into a visual of the page whether that page is a Master page or not, will not get me multiple menu layers.

How do I transition from a rudimentary understanding of navigation to what you shared with me in the link? (I do understand some basic code (thank you dot spacemacs) and so am not overwhelmed with what you share.) I will not need much more background to reproduce what is there.

Suggestions??

Thanks
Richard

Maybe this will help a little?

Cheers,
Bob

Thanks @RobM. I will do some homework on this. Although it will be helpful if I could obtain a nav menu from someone’s master pages at 2 different levels in their project. I could compare differences that way.
@Richard

Hi @Richard,
Maybe I stilll don’t understand you question. Do you mean on page menus, or something within Pinegrow with regards to Master pages?
Cheers,
Bob

Hi @RobM,

Do forgive me for not being able to explain. The fault is on my end with a limited understanding. I will explain what I need to do which will bring you to where my question rests:

I have one index page with a menu that must link another level with 5 branches. Each of those 5 branches need to link to another level with 4-5 branches. This continues until my last pages in each of these branches have multiple text sections with anchors to each section on a page (https://caid.ca but use a desktop as smaller devices are not working at this time).

Somehow with that structure, I need to work with Master pages and navigation to get my site navigation sorted out and web-facing pages showing appropriate links in nav bars. In the past (with Serif Webplus 8), that was done using master pages that had nav bars (with toggles set to identify the navigation level in my site - top, parent, same, and child), setting my pages (branches) from those master pages, and toggling setting toggling switches on my pages to have them included in navigation so they showed in my navigation bar as links.

How do I accomplish this in Pinegrow using Bootstrap 5 augmented with CSS detail, drag and drop nav bars, master pages, and pages created using those master pages?

Richard

Forgive my delayed response but as a new member of the forum I have a limited number of replies I can do in 24 hours.

I have no problem if creating nav menus requires me to maually put in links to pages to create levels in my site. But, if there is a way to work through GUIs that have been placed in Pinegrow, I prefer to learn that “before” I bypass them. Do they exits and where can I get information on how to use them?

Richard

Hi @Richard,
From what I understand of what you are trying to accomplish, there are no GUI for setting something like this up in Pinegrow. It has to be hand coded.
Bob

1 Like