Need advice for Pinegrow CMS

Hi,

At the moment I’m converting a 250 pages Bootstrap 4 website from PHP to HTML for a client that want’s to use a CMS. I’m going to prepare the website for the Pinegrow CMS that the client is going to use.

(I’m not talking about WordPress but the build in CMS that you can also purchase separate or set in your Pinegrow preferences!)

I have build the original site in PHP with lot’s of PHP includes using Pinegrow so the Pinegrow backup files are already there, is it save to remove the whole Pinegrow backup folder? After that open the project in HTML and let Pinegrow create a new Backup registry?

The reason I ask is that with PHP the website was showing all kind of problems with Pinegrow in the website and I even send a example in to support at the time. Thinks it’s better to have a pure HTML site for the CMS with a new backup registry.

Regards,

David

Hi @AllMediaLab,
Are you talking about the _pgbackup folder? Deleting it shouldn’t cause any problems. Hard to troubleshoot that large a project. I guess if you keep having problems you can send us some screen grabs.
Cheers,
Bob

@RobM,

Thanks Bob for the explanation! Just want to be sure that I can get rid of the _pgbackup folder to build a complete new project based on only HTML instead of the previous PHP without screwing up something. :wink:

Regards,

David