Overwriting code written outsid eof pinegrow is a scarey proposition

@matjaz

I think this is super important and should be added. I think this wording is confusing when exporting

" Do you want to overwrite the following files in folder /Users/XXXX/Local Sites/mywebsite/app/public/wp-content/themes/mytheme/?

It looks like these files were modified since you last exported them.

I think it should say something like the following:

" Do you want to overwrite the following files in folder /Users/XXXX/Local Sites/mywebsite/app/public/wp-content/themes/mytheme/?

It looks like these files were modified in a separate code editor since you last exported them. Realize that by clicking the box you will overwrite all of the files.

I think you should also add an ignore function like in GitHub that will ignore the files you coded separately in VScode. I think the ability to do VScode and Pinegrow is vital.

i just find something like this to be scary. If you think about a week earlier I did the changes in VScode i then come back to compile in PG and I am thinking what did I do?

Or even a revisions comparison like in WordPress?

strong text

Have made the notice more clear:

It looks like these files were modified since you last exported them. Did you use a code editor to edit the files in the exported folder? Exporting the files will overwrite any such changes.

Note, it is best to keep all project files in the source folder (including any custom files) and then export them to the target project. Never edit files directly in the export folder.

1 Like

sorry to bring this back but - I am a code guy at heart; I’ve spent the past few days trying to do ACF code in Pinegrow and find it just not the same. It’s super easy to use a plugin like Theme Code Pro and paste it into VScode and then, move on to the next order of business. I find PG not to play nice with vs code if you use both. PG keeps asking me to save files after they’ve been edited outside of PG. I know I have asked for better language with this in the past - but as the list gets longer, I can’t remember what i did with every file. I was wondering if there was some way to have pg ignore files that I adjusted directly in the exported file and then for it to stop asking me what to do.

Think of the process as a one-way street. PG => local WP => deployment.
PG is the single source of truth for the Theme or Plugin you create with it.

What exactly is the problem doing that?
I use require_once() in the custom.php file to import files where I put code for ACF Post types or Field Groups inside my PG project.

Looks like that:

In the Template Code you can write PHP Code like you want.

Would you please describe what’s not working when working with ACF code in Pinegrow?