PHP, included files

Hi,
I*d like to give Pinegrow a chance to become my main-webdesign-app. I’m impressed by the features and possibilities. So far it is a very cool app in myopinion.
One thing:
Most Sites i program with PHP and included code blocks (like for instance “header.php”).
When I open now a page with included files the included blocks don’t show up.
Instead there stands “include(‘inc/header.php’)”.
Is there a way to show (and edit) the included files like they appear in the (complete) page on the browser?
For instance with localhost?

And one more question: How can I work together with the “Atom”-Editor?

Thanks for your answers.
Have a nice day,
Ecki

Given you have PRO, it’s File -> Manage Libraries & Plugins -> Server Side Scripts to activate and it should do the game.

Cheers

Thomas

Hi,
I’m afraid that didn’t the trick
Although I did what you said, it shows up like the screen I attached.

Kind Regards, Ecki

Pinegrow is not designed to work with included php. You should look at the tutorials on how pinegrow works with server side code like php. They are found in pinegrow itself via the coffee cup on top right side or in the support menu option I believe. There are Youtube videos also you can watch that goes into further details but are older versions of PG though will give you the basics.

Sounds similar to this recent thread:

I use Pinegrow Pro
I like it apart from one thing - I can’t parse php
Why can’t I get <? include('hfm/menu.php') ?> to display my menu.
I have read all the answers in this forum (and some very silly ones too) - set up my iMac localhost to parse PHP.
If I want to add anything to my menu I currently have cut and paste changes to all my pages.

I have tried using MAMP and changing the localhost port but files created/displayed in Pinegrow just will not display PHP includes.
This really is a major fault - there is no clue how to fix this problem

You need to be running a separate testing environment on your local computer that includes a web server of some sort and PHP including any other technologies you use like database if any.

Then in Pinegrow you select “Open url” and type in the local address of the php page you want to display.

Out of the box Pinegrow does not know PHP. If you want to activate the “Server-side Scripts” as detailed above in a previous post you can but it is not 100% from my experience.

Pinegrow is meant for mocking up and designing the front end pretty of a website. It is not meant for backend coding such as PHP.

Your best bet is to open your page in a web browser then save as the static html. Then load the saved html into Pinegrow.