Pinegrow crashes when any macOS accessibility settings are turned on

Hi,

I’d like to report a bug that seems to be a problem since macOS Catalina was released.

When any of the accessibility settings of macOS are activated (like the onscreen keyboard or voiceover or so), the Pinegrow application instantly crashes on start.
There seems to be a workaround: for some it helps to turn the accessibility settings off, then start the application, then turn them back on. But unfortunately sometimes it still crashes then.

This is a bug that came with the release of macOS Catalina. Many big apps like the Chrome browser or Spotify desktop had the same issue but it seems they all have fixed it by now. (See this Spotify forum thread for example.)

For me this happens on a Mac mini (2018) with macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and Pinegrow Mac 5.94 but it should be a problem of all Catalina Macs with enabled accessibility settings.

Thank you for your help!
Sariel

1 Like

These are the two lines of logging I was able to identify with the crash:

[0301/142945.851802:WARNING:system_snapshot_mac.cc(42)] sysctlbyname kern.nx: No such file or directory (2)
[0301/142945.860977:WARNING:crash_report_exception_handler.cc(242)] UniversalExceptionRaise: (os/kern) failure (5)

Thank you so much Sariel.

I had the same problem and support was not able to find a solution. Hope they can fix this in a coming release.