Place PineGrow icon in Ubuntu Launcher

Hey @randyrie, did you get this sorted after?

I have just had to do it now on my Ubuntu 16.04 machine.
its slightly different and the ICON IS STILL MISSING (yes, I’m looking at you, Pinegrow Devs :slight_smile: It would make life a BIT EASIER if it was there already.)

ok
here is the icon
gah! I cant upload it on here, tried cheating and changing its file extension. no dice,
but basically, it needs to be a .xpm file extension for it to work here with Ubuntu - unless I am mistaken, I’m all ears for correction, this is Linux after all… always someone smarter (and with a bigger neckBeard) to point things out

and the lines a slightly different you type, they are here

[Desktop Entry]
Name[en_GB]=Pinegrow5.2
GenericName[en_GB]=visual web editor
Comment[en_GB]=Create Awesome Websites with Pinegrow
Exec=sh -c "/opt/Pinegrow/5.2/PinegrowLibrary"
Icon=/opt/Pinegrow/5.2/pinegrow_icon.xpm
Terminal=false
Type=Application

I have the name as Pinegrow5.2 as I have other versions installed too (of course! :slight_smile:
and HEY! who knows what the future will bring :slight_smile:

I may actually have to go to the utter nuts ache of uploading the tiniest file in the history of computing…just so you can have the icon for the quick launcher.

I will try that now. But, it’s done , this still works in Ubuntu and I’ve just done it.
I have also seen the new PineGrow Docs on installing it on Ubuntu, will have a look at that again now too. but as usual, its now 01.15… sigh and I’m just warming up! :slight_smile:

ok , so here is the little jpeg image , I used for the launcher in
/usr/share/applications

pinegrow.jpeg

pinegrow

and you need to create a pinegrow.xpm file from that… as I can’t be a*sed to go through the upload rigmarole on un unfamiliar Linux box at nearly 2am.

so if you havent made one by tmrw I’ll create one and stick the download link on here for you. unless anyone else beats me to it. No worries if you do! :slight_smile:
Everyone will love you forever then (well, in linux land)