Remove pingback URL from the head element

Hi,

Pinegrow automatically adds the following tag into the <head>:

<link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo( 'pingback_url' ); ?>">

It’s only visible by clicking on the “Preview the PHP code” of the “WordPress” tab > “Page Settings”, not in the tree panel.

I don’t want this to be included in my theme, so to remove it I should delete the line in the exported header.php or Pinegrow editor allows it to be removed in another way?

Thanks

I may be stating the obvious to you, but if distributing your themes you may want to leave in place and let users decide.

Hi @oleteacher and thanks for a tip.

However, my intention is to completely remove that part of WordPress functionality, without even advertising the capability to accept pingbacks/trackbacks.

I can remove the line from the header manually in the exported header file, np, just thought I might also control it before exporting the theme.

1 Like

And indeed, you will need to continue removing this line manually (or automate the process using a script after each export) because there is currently no way to change this behavior through settings in Pinegrow.

Note: Of course, with no guarantees, we are adding this feedback to our list of topics to possibly consider for future updates.

2 Likes