Just upgraded to Pinegrow 3.0.1, and it looks great so far. Getting used to the UI changes, but stumped on a few items.
Was trying to create a Component out of my top nav. Couldn’t find any way to do so, and the new inline Actions dropdown didn’t have it either. Quick look at the documentation site shows an old KB with mentions something like Components are now HTML Elements. In actions, I selected “Add as HTML Snippet” and it said that this is now in LIB (?). The same KB help page says that this is done so as not to be confused with the new “Smart Components”.
- Where are Smart Components created / maintained now?
- Are HTML Snippets the right thing for say, shared and fixed top nav for all pages? Or should I look in the Actions tab?
- Where is “LIB” in 3.0.1? I see Library on the top right, but this is a list of pre designed elements, I don’t see my new HTML Snippet in there anywhere (that I can see)
- Where are the HELP DOCS for 3.x? The KB / Help site has many outdated docs going back to 2015… And almost nothing more the new version. Hard to use software without documentation. (I may just be missing it, if so, sorry!)
Note: Pinegrow V3 UI being flexible and fully customizable, the display on your own setup may differ from the following screenshots.
In V3, we have replaced the tab names with ICONS.
1) Where are Smart Components created / maintained now?
2) Are HTML Snippets the right thing for say, shared and fixed top nav for all pages? Or should I look in the Actions tab?
Use the Master pages (same location as the components)
3) Where is “LIB” in 3.0.1?
The LIB is here
4) Where are the HELP DOCS for 3.x?
V3 is currently in a “private launch” state. Specific sections of the doc for V3 will be available shortly after the public launch.
Note: While the UI is different (so the screenshots are not “conform”), the flow between V2 and V3 is very similar.
Important Note: For our customers having troubles to understand Pinegrow V3 without a specific documentation, the Version 2 (which is a rock solid release) is still available for download at https://pinegrow.com/ and is totally usable (if your license is valid for V3) & recommended for any professional project. (+ we have a cool documentation site )
Great, thanks for the detailed replies! All good.