- Make sure that you work local - and make sure that the pinegrow.json file is present.
- Build your element first - e.g. on the index.html. In the shown example, it’s the footer-element we’d turn into a component.
- Select the element (footer) and select the actions tab within PG.
- Under “Define Components”, put something into the three fields (the better you do, the easier to understand and check the two ticks.
- The Component then should be available within the library
Use it on a following page.
Make a change - e.g. the year (on index.html the place you defined the component)
… and update the whole project.
Finally - if you’re happy go file -> Save all
Exactly this way, it worked for me!