Suggestion: a React or Vue component drag and drop tool

Hello Everyone, Hello Pinegrow Team,

I propose this idea because your software skeleton can do it.

And personally I don’t think that continuing to do wordpress in PHP is the future (it’s a personal opinion and I understand very well people who have the arguments to say the opposite)

My suggestion: create a solution of : drag and drop components ReactJS or vue.js?!?

Let me explain: there was the Figma revolution, the Tailwind css utilities, no-code, …
But now, we are moving towards a world of components (the no code) !

Let me explain: the developer has implemented a component (from the design system), then the UX designer will build the page with the suite of drag and drop components; so there will be less need for custom html integration in the future; the component then becomes crucial: it has many advantages: dynamic, structured, modifiable by its parameters, final rendering, possibility of exporting functional final code, …

And integrate components on git, or Storybook…

And the concept of Design System is completely neglected on Pinegrow

Here are some examples:

Retool

Merge by UXPin

Thank you I wish you all a pleasant day

1 Like

Thanks for your interest @JoseFR

Vue component drag & drop… we are working on it… stay tuned for this - VueJS support for pinegrow - #17 by Akayy

3 Likes

+1. We use Stencil to output our design system components to React, Angular, Vue, and Web Components. How cool would it be to be able to import those components into the editor? That would be the ideal flow for users who already have a design constraints set in place. Then Figma would be more for ideating or agencies needing to create new things constantly, but everyone else would just drag and drop their components in and skip having to translate from Figma or anything else to html. That’s actually why I tried Pinegrow several years ago, but it was just too much work to convert our html/css and states by hand. To have importing and components syncing to Pinegrow would be a gamechanger.

1 Like