Teaching Pinegrow how to ignore server tags is a must have

I love everything about Pinegrow, especially the philosophy. However, not being able to teach it how to ignore my server tags (Django, handlebars, etc.) is a showstopper. I will definitely keep my eye on the product, and you can has my money the moment you add this feature. :slight_smile:

See Can you extend the set of server-side tags Pinegrow supports? and many other related posts.

Hey @sethltx,
How do you currently use handlebars (or Django) and how would incorporation into Pinegrow work? It seems like it is very coding based it is hard for me to wrap my head arounf the advantage that PG would bring.

Hi @RobM,

Here is a snippet of HTML that includes Django template tags:

<!-- UIkit + Django templates -->

<nav class="uk-navbar-container" uk-navbar>
    <div class="uk-navbar-left">
        {% if somevar %}
            <ul class="uk-navbar-nav">
                {% for item in menu_items %}
                    <li class="{% if item.active %}uk-active{% endif %}">
                        <a href="{{ item.url }}">{{ item.title }}</a>
                    </li>
                {% endor %}
            </ul>
        {% endif %}
    </div>
</nav>

I just need Pinegrow to play nice with {% %} and {{ }} tags. Iā€™d like it to preserve them (when reasonably possible) and simply ignore them when parsing and displaying. To Pinegrow the above should look like:

<nav class="uk-navbar-container" uk-navbar>
    <div class="uk-navbar-left">

<ul class="uk-navbar-nav">

<li class="uk-active">
                        <a href="{{ item.url }}">{{ item.title }}</a>
                    </li>

</ul>

</div>
</nav>

Let me know if you need additional clarification. Thanks!

Hi Rob and sethltx,
Better use Sublime text 3! Pinegrow is not suited for Django.
https://medium.com/@MicroPyramid/ten-sublime-plugins-useful-for-your-daily-python-django-development-448f9407499b
I use Sublime in combination with some plugins. Think your much faster with an editor like Sublime.
Regards,
David

1 Like

I use PyCharm with Emmet for speed, but being able do to component layouts visually would help a lot.