I’m currently using Pinegrow + Codex + Novamira and I’m finding the combination very promising. Pinegrow stays the source of truth for design, blocks and Tailwind; Codex works on the local project files; and Novamira gives Codex access to the actual local WordPress install.
So the AI can compare the Pinegrow source, what was exported, and what WordPress is actually loading. That has already been very useful for debugging export issues and understanding where a problem really sits.
Ultimately, though, my goal is more ambitious: I want to be able to tell Codex to inspect the pages I designed in Pinegrow and then recreate those pages in WordPress using the reusable blocks I already built in Pinegrow.
In other words, I’d like the AI to assemble patterns and templates, place headers and footers, preserve special classes and block logic, and then handle the WordPress-side structure around that: create custom post types, SCF field groups, relationships, menu assignments, template parts, and other configuration that still has to be built manually after export.
I can also see it being useful for the less visual side of the project: checking plugin configuration, hardening security, validating the exported theme, finding stale template parts, and generally reconciling the Pinegrow source with the actual WordPress runtime.
For me, the ideal setup would be Pinegrow’s Codex integration working reliably, so Codex could see the whole chain in one place: the design in Pinegrow, the exported files, and the WordPress copy/runtime. At that point the AI it is helping bridge design, theme export and site assembly which is the thing that is most time consuming in pinegrow when building a wordpress theme becouse once you build il go you have to rebuild everything back at wp. Still need to try this.