Try to watch interactive Tutorial-Video fails: We couldn't verify the security of your connection

Error Message: «We couldn’t verify the security of your connection.» when I try to play a interactive tutorial e.g. «Insert button in the toolbar», which I had completed a while ago. It appears that several other tutorials show same msg as I click «Watch the video».

I checked pinegrow → settings for «INTERNAL WEB SERVER & PROXY SETTINGS» which says «localhost:40000». Trying 127.0.0.1:40000 does work correct with 404 error.
My firewall is accepting incoming calls for Pinegrow.

Restarting computer (MacBook Pro) did not help. Pinegrow app deleted and reinstalled did not help. Version 7.6 showing same effect as well as v 8 now.

What am I doing wrong? What could be reason that causes this?

Thanks for advices.

Hello @KaTho,

I confirm the issue.
We will investigate in the coming hours to resolve it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hi Emmanuel. Thank you for taking up my Q. Do you know of any methods, able to trace or log the activities in order to find the obstacle? I think that with all information, I was giving above, it’s not possible to come any further. And btw. could you reproduce or see a similarity on one of your machines? Else I do not see any progress in searching for reasons (at least I could not do it). I thank you so much for your support.

In my initial answer, I wanted to say that we acknowledge the issue as we also see it ourselves.

The development team is aware and will take care of it as soon as possible.

The issue should be fixed by the time I’m typing this message. On my end, the videos are working now.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Hi Emmanuel.

Nice to hear the issue has been solved! But, in my environment, blocking still exists!

I restarted computer, opened Pinegrow Web Editor, came back to Interactive tutorials and … it still failes. I deleted pingrow.app, downloaded pingrow for mac (Intel) again, installed it new, still not good.

A come to a window titled like
«/Users/Ka…/Library/Application Support/Pinegrow/Default/pg_tutorials/build_your_first_block_subblockparents/index.html - Pinegrow Web Editor - WP»,
«We couldn’t verify the security of your connection.»

But when I call «…/build_your_first_block_counterblock/» it works fine, as ever before.

I work on Mac OS Sonoma Version 14.1.1 and I would be happy, to provide more info if needed.

Hi Emmanuel.
Today I found that calling same Tutorial «subblockparents» via WP Pinegrow Plugin Version 1.0.16 works fine.

Therefore I assume, the obstacle calling this tutorial via Pinegrow Web Editor is due to kind of local environmental reason.

That I have now a way to call tuorials in either mode, I’ll leave my enquiries on this topic. I think, you guys have a lot more other thins to do. I thank you so much for your very valuable support. I do love Pingrow, it’s a great tool.

Hello @KaTho

Your feedback has been noted and the teams have been informed :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks!!

1 Like