Use an existing child threme in PG WP?

I notice you’ve been putting out a lot of WP tutorials lately.
Can I edit my existing child threme funkyhistory.com in PG WP?
There are a few things I’d like to tweak like the space between the top menus and the title.

Hi @kat,
You really need the original HTML files for the theme. The php files of an already constructed theme don’t really load in well most of the time.
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

Oh well. Maybe I can figure it out where the extra space is with devtools or Visbug

I have a portraits-history for my child theme with a styles.css. Seems that I just set .site-header padding-bottom: 0 in my styles.css.
Unfortunately original theme is in scss which I don’t know. Can you help me find which padding-bottom to zero out?

.site-header {
	padding: 1em;

&.featured-image {
		display: flex;
		flex-direction: column;
		justify-content: space-between;
		min-height: 90vh;

.site-branding-container {
			margin-bottom: auto;
		}
	}

@include media(tablet) {
		margin: 0;
		padding: 3rem 0;

&.featured-image {
			min-height: 100vh;
			margin-bottom: 3rem;
		}
	}
}

Hi @kat,
So in scss, the classes inside the curly bracket are added to the parent, either with or without a space. So the first rule will only have the selector .site-header. I’m guessing that is what you want.
The lower @include is a mixin that is specific to your style code, but I’m guessing it is a media query. Don’t know if it is tablet and up, or tablet specific, or…
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

My WP site has lots of SCSS. Does WP have a compiler, or some way to read/show SCSS? Just watched a SCSS tutorial and seems that SCSS needs to be compiled into CSS. Clarification on this please.

Hi @kat,
Your site is either using a plugin to compile the SCSS, or is actually loading an already compiled version. Take a look with the Developer’s tools to see what is being loaded.
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

I got the compiled part right. I’m learning. Back to devtools. Thanks

Could I make a PG WP theme, upload it to my current WP site and change the theme there to my new PG theme?

1 Like

Hi @kat,
Yeah, of course! That is one of the more popular things that people use Pinegrow to accomplish. Producing and selling WordPress themes.
Cheers,
Bob

1 Like

@kat regarding child themes and Pinegrow, here is an interesting reading in our FAQ about creating WordPress themes with Pinegrow.

1 Like

I read the article and will start watching your tutorials little by little.