What Cookie's does Unsplash add?

@Emmanuel I’m in Ireland, a small, feisty country who refused to accept the invaders (next door neighbours) and fought for hundred of years with assistance from such nations as France & Spain at different stages to be allowed to exist in peace as a sovereign nation. The UK doesn’t really like to acknowledge the history of it but that’s okay we’re on friendly terms (excluding Brexit but new PM new attitude) now so all is good.

Now you can add history lesson to your geography lesson :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @Rob (and @schpengle ) and my apologies for mes confusions both historical and geographical. You see, we are almost “neighbours” but that does not prevent me from getting confused. :wink:

1 Like

oh, And I live in Wales - smaller country on the left of England… which Contains *The Irish who couldnt swim * :smiley: Its full of all the Foreigners Who fled to the mountains on the West of Britain, to fight back from there… when Everyone else invaded from the East and South… Angles…Saxons…Normans (Aka, French and German … NO Slovenian invaders. Thats nice :slight_smile: )
Welsh is a corruption of the word Walsh apparently, which means Foreigners

The new king… aka Charles…who was Prince of Wales … is as welsh as the moon.
And as remote to Wales.

Wales had a royal line, but was basically a band of feudal tribes that used to constantly war until Owain Ap Gryudd battered the English and took Wales half way to England In Battles then returned and lived there happily paying no taxes or tithes. until his idiot younger brother got too cocky , decided to attack the English one more time Got captured, Owain went after him… and…

got his Head stuck on a pole up in the air after defeat.

That was the end of the Welsh KINGdom It is now a PRINCipality, with one of the English Royal Family… holding the title Prince of Wales ever since.

oh the English royal family are names the Windsors … which is a name they Adopted as they are actually the house of Hannover ie, basically mostly German (Not the Hapsburg’s, with thier inbred jaws… who ruled over large swathes of European countries until the last one, ruling Spain, was so inbred he could no longer reproduce aaaand… that led to the war of succession and everyone else paid the price as aristocracies ran around killing each other in order to rule Spain… how lovely… .

And the Army, the Welsh regiment, the Royal Regiment of Wales (RRW …*Rush 'Round and Wait…) have a nice Regimental Motto.

Ich Dien … which is German… for I SERVE

nice. talk about rubbing your nose in it.

PS>… Ireland ALSO… ruled over Wales! It used to be an Irish state!

So yeah, … They have their Gangster in da Hood! history too :wink:

RIght then, Small country for sale, (open to lend/lease Agreement, take what you will, give us nothing in return) or just general Banditry, current administration, experiencing some er, … difficulties

… might suit lone venture capitalist… Very airy good views, … a little damp.

2 Likes

One correction here. It should mean “ich diene”… You can say “ich dien” but that would be grammatically only possible in our own, do what you want, german-based language called Austrian German :smiley:

Ya know… I came really close to nearly understanding what you just said…then …at the last moment…>I think I lost it…>

WHAT?

:smiley:
*UPDATE…aaah ! get it now!
I was tired earlier and misread… yep! :smiley:
I lived in Austria for a bit too… Krengelbach near Linz.j

Groess Gotte!
…Greasy Goat?